Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen automatically turns off after water damage recovering

Tip us?

imFonk
Old
(Last edited by imFonk; 27th June 2014 at 06:01 PM.) Reason: grammar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Screen automatically turns off after water damage recovering

Hello everyone,
I dropped my phone into a bucket of water over night. After tearing it down and sticking it in to dried rice for 3 days, the phone came to life but behaved very strangely.
At the very first 5 seconds when I turn it on, the phone works flawlessly, then screen automatically turns off and the phone is locked.
After that whenever I unlock it, it keeps turning off (with locking sound). I can turn the screen on if did not unlock the phone, I can also swipe down the quick settings panel but touching on any of the tile will turn the screen off
Once I boot it into TWRP recovery mode , the phone works perfect, screen is bright and all, no automatically turning off
I tried to did factory reset, upgrading Rom (Madhi) but it did not help.
I would be really grateful if someone can tell me what can be wrong with the phone,
Thank you

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by imFonk View Post
Hello everyone,
I dropped my phone into a bucket of water over night. After tearing it down and sticking it in to dried rice for 3 days, the phone came to life but behaved very strangely.
At the very first 5 seconds when I turn it on, the phone works flawlessly, then screen automatically turns off and the phone is locked.
After that whenever I unlock it, it keeps turning off (with locking sound). I can turn the screen on if did not unlock the phone, I can also swipe down the quick settings panel but touching on any of the tile will turn the screen off
Once I boot it into TWRP recovery mode , the phone works perfect, screen is bright and all, no automatically turning off
I tried to did factory reset, upgrading Rom (Madhi) but it did not help.
I would be really grateful if someone can tell me what can be wrong with the phone,
Thank you
I think it's just water/corrosion damage. Rice doesn't actually help very much, if at all.
W32