Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Screen is not showing up in battery history

OP bas1234rule

1st July 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Hello guys,

I've got a problem with my 'screen'. If i go to Settings > Battery there is no 'screen' so I cant see for how long my screen has been on. I couldnt find a good answer with google. On XDA there is also only one thread about this problem with no answer. I'm running a Nexus 5 stock 4.4.4 with Root & Xposed.

Things I've done trying to fix it:

* Wiped Cache and Dalvik Cache
* Wiped batterystats
* Plug in and out charger

Is there any option I have forgotten? I dont want to do a full factory reset. Don't blame me for my English please, it's not my nativ language.

Edit:
Did a full recharge and suddenly 'Screen' appeared. Anyone knows why?
Last edited by bas1234rule; 1st July 2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: problem solved?
1st July 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,453

4,239 posts
More
Are you using any theme? Or are you using any xposed modules which might affect it? Install gsam monitor and see whether the screen time is recorded over there or not.
1st July 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Are you using any theme? Or are you using any xposed modules which might affect it? Install gsam monitor and see whether the screen time is recorded over there or not.

I do use some Xposed modules. I use Gravitybox & Heads Up Notifications. Didnt install new modules when the problem appeared.
1st July 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

4,239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas1234rule

I do use some Xposed modules. I use Gravitybox & Heads Up Notifications. Didnt install new modules when the problem appeared.

Very difficult to judge the culprit over here. Uninstall all modules, reboot and see if the screen shows up? If it still doesn't install Gsam battery monitor to see the screen on time if you don't want to reset.

If you're just worried about your /sdcard data then flashing a stock rooted 4.4.4 rom won't wipe it at all. Give it a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Very difficult to judge the culprit over here. Uninstall all modules, reboot and see if the screen shows up? If it still doesn't install Gsam battery monitor to see the screen on time if you don't want to reset.

If you're just worried about your /sdcard data then flashing a stock rooted 4.4.4 rom won't wipe it at all. Give it a try.

I've deactivated all Xposed modules, changed system language and did a reboot after my phone was fully charged. Did activate the modules again and problem went away. Thanks for the help, maybe you help out other XDA users in the future with this problem
The Following User Says Thank You to bas1234rule For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

4,239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas1234rule

I've deactivated all Xposed modules, changed system language and did a reboot after my phone was fully charged. Did activate the modules again and problem went away. Thanks for the help, maybe you help out other XDA users in the future with this problem

Hmm.. I guess something went bad with the installed modules or may be not. Actually, this is the first time I'm seeing about this issue. Anyways, glad you got it sorted!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread