Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sound

Tip us?

ck.chunkeat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] Sound

Hi, as everyone know, there are 3 different volume in our nexus 5.
First is Music, video,games & other media.
Second: Ringtone & notification.
Third: Alarm.

Usually if I'm in class, I would press the volume down button until I'm at vibration mode. Then sometimes when I got bored in class and start playing with my phone, the volume will be very loud when i forgot to turn off the sound for games when i was looking at some youtube video or playing some games.

This is really annoying. What's the point of changing to silent mode when there is still volume at the games or video? I know iphone have the toggle for silent mode and that is seriously way useful than this.

mellevdlinde
Old
Thanks Meter 13
In silent mode your Nexus 5 does not make any sound unless you are going to open apps that create sound. Still, I do not think that this question is able to be discussed. It's just how android, at least until 4.4.2, works. Deal with ut
Nexus 5
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

Nexus 7
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 193
You can always install expandable volume controls via xposed or custom ROM.

I know it is frustrating and an overlooked feature I think. When I first got my nexus 5 I was like come on guys you didn't fix this?

Sent from The Deathstar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1396097452731.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	2657087  

Sinistar83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I have the same issue with the sound on this like the OP. Been using 3rd part apps like Llama and Silent Scheduler to quickly change/view sound settings from notification drawer. Works well but I wish something like this built in the OS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396114511000.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	2657499  

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistar83 View Post
Yeah I have the same issue with the sound on this like the OP. Been using 3rd part apps like Llama and Silent Scheduler to quickly change/view sound settings from notification drawer. Works well but I wish something like this built in the OS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Have you ever run into a bug where you set a task to change the media volume to 8 or higher automatically, upon connecting headphones? It seems half the time it gets stuck at 6 or 7, presumably because the volume level warning message never gets its chance to show up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32

Sinistar83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Have you ever run into a bug where you set a task to change the media volume to 8 or higher automatically, upon connecting headphones? It seems half the time it gets stuck at 6 or 7, presumably because the volume level warning message never gets its chance to show up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
No actually I haven't had a chance to program tasker that much yet. The only task I have set for it so far is to play the TF2 medic sound byte "I am fully charged!" when my battery level gets 100% when charging

xdrc45
Old
Thanks Meter 293
I know this isn't quite the answer your looking for as far as just turning the volume down to disable all sounds but just some suggestions... I use expandable volume control and You could go into settings/profile and set a quiet profile or go to settings/sounds and set quiet hours.
If you found my post Helpful Please click the Thank You Button!

Google Nexus 5 - Custom Rom - *Dirty Unicorns 4.4.3* - FrancoR53 - TWRP v2.7
LG Optimus L9 MS769 - *Kumakan 4.1.2* - Rooted - CWM - Locked BL
LG Motion 4G MS770 - Custom Rom - *CM 10*
HTC HD7 - WP - OS 7.8 - Custom Rom - *Deepshining* v8.1 Fully Unlocked
Samsung Admire - Custom Rom - *Open Android* v2.3.6
Huawei Ascend - M860 -Custom Rom - *CM 7.2*
Lenovo IdeaTab - A2109 - Custom Rom - *Paranoid/CM 10 Combo*