Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

{Screen flickering problem} URGENT HEEELP!

OP joshua3001

24th August 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 20

164 posts
More
Hi guys,

Firstable, EXCUSE MY ENGLISH, im not very good at it, but i relly need help on this guys,

I just recently buy a new nexus 5, but im having a lot of issues with the screen, i used it for like 6 days and then it comes some issues, the phone its completily stock (stock kernel, no custom rom, no root)....and the screen when a litlle bit carzy, the Nav Bar apear on the middle of the screen, for like 2 secs, so i do not put to much attention to it, next days the same and everything its become happening like 2 hours, then 1, the 20 secs, until the screen goes completly colored of little color points, and it stays like that for like 20 mins, then it went back to normal, now a days, the phone gets 2 hours of that color dots, then normal for like 2 mins, but it keeps flickering, so its almost impposible to use the cellphone like that.

No, it doesnt have warranty, so my questions, it could be the screen conector? so i can open the cellphone, and with a video on "how to open" tried by my self? or it could be the motherboard? or change the screen? if a flash the stock rom from google it could help?
Some times it hapens like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drZc4ZPcuvo
the after that it goes like the image attached
I fully reset the phone by fastboor method, it works for likr 5 mins the all bac again

I dont have money to take it to some cellphone repair shop.

Pleaaaaaase help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dna_rainbow.gif
Views:	35
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	2909784  
Last edited by joshua3001; 24th August 2014 at 06:04 AM.
24th August 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,500

4,116 posts
More
Damaged flex cable, screen or motherboard. Most likely the flex cable (cheap and easy to fix).
24th August 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heredia

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

Damaged flex cable, screen or motherboard. Most likely the flex cable (cheap and easy to fix).

Thanks for fast reply, i found a video with the exact flickeing problem that i have: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X5yMqcmLLk ....after that it goes the dots, the problem is that i live in costa rica and its kinda hard to found this types of "repairs" so...if i open the N5 an try to disconnect and reconnect that flex cable, it would help?
24th August 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,500

4,116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua3001

Thanks for fast reply, i found a video with the exact flickeing problem that i have: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X5yMqcmLLk ....after that it goes the dots, the problem is that i live in costa rica and its kinda hard to found this types of "repairs" so...if i open the N5 an try to disconnect and reconnect that flex cable, it would help?

You could try, but if the flex cable itself is damaged it won't help. People have said it's only around $10 USD to replace.
24th August 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heredia

164 posts
More
If a change the hole LCD like this one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Digitize...item19f2296ae6), it would not be complitly secure that it would work right? because it can be the motherboard to? and if i flash stock google image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

Last edited by joshua3001; 24th August 2014 at 07:32 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread