Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Screen issue, can only see pixels

OP Kleunius

4th September 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi,

I'm not sure if there already is a thread about this problem, so sorry if there is

When I grabbed my Nexus 5 out my pocket, the screen didnīt work. It only shows pixels. Iīve tried to reset it to factory settings using a hard reset but that doesnīt work. It still only shows the pixels. I canīt send it back to LG for repair because Iīve changed the kernel and I canīt get a connection with my pc. Does anybody have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
4th September 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,452

4,239 posts
More
What do you mean by "can only see pixels" ?? Blurry lines?? Distortion?? If so, there's a possibility that the flex cable might have gone bad.. In any case, you need to send it in for repairs.
4th September 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

What do you mean by "can only see pixels" ?? Blurry lines?? Distortion?? If so, there's a possibility that the flex cable might have gone bad.. In any case, you need to send it in for repairs.

Yes I can only see blurry lines in different colours. But is it possible to repair it by replacing the screen + touch module?
4th September 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

4,239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleunius

Yes I can only see blurry lines in different colours. But is it possible to repair it by replacing the screen + touch module?

May be, May be not. No one can know the extent of the damage without opening up the device.

You need professional help. So, it's either Google (if you've bought from play) or LG. There's nothing you can do here as the screen is completely useless. Just send it in and hope for the best.
If you want to backup your data, you could boot up the phone (if you can) and use adb to backup if you've enabled usb debugging. But that's about it..

Good luck!
5th September 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

May be, May be not. No one can know the extent of the damage without opening up the device.

You need professional help. So, it's either Google (if you've bought from play) or LG. There's nothing you can do here as the screen is completely useless. Just send it in and hope for the best.
If you want to backup your data, you could boot up the phone (if you can) and use adb to backup if you've enabled usb debugging. But that's about it..

Good luck!

Thanks for the info vin4yak!
5th September 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

4,239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleunius

Thanks for the info vin4yak!

Sure.. Np.