5,603,646 Members 37,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Lifting?

Tip us?
 
jmelick07
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 42
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Screen Lifting?

I just got my nexus 5 the other day and am noticing what I think is screen lift. When I push with a bit more pressure than normal on the edges, near the top I can hear a popping noise and feel the screen moving just a bit. Has anyone else felt/seen this? How awful is LG's replacement process? Should I just deal with it? I should be getting a case tomorrow so I might see if that gets rid of it for now.
 
Texan1836
Old
#2  
Texan1836's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
I'd RMA it if I were you dude. It isn't that bad of a process. They send you the phone first and once you get it you send back the old one. You never know what other problems you might encounter with your device in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Visa Declined
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 288
Posts: 453
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma City
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelick07 View Post
How awful is LG's replacement process? Should I just deal with it?
You won't be dealing with LG at all since you've had the phone less than a month, you'll be dealing with a Google representative. Be prepared to have them put a hold on your credit card for the amount of a replacement phone, until you mail your phone back to LG warranty. The Google rep will email you a shipping label to print out, and they cover the shipping costs.

Here are the numbers for the Google Play hardware support team.

https://support.google.com/googlepla.../3053039?hl=en
Asking for Thank You's in your signature is retarded.
 
jmelick07
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 42
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1836 View Post
I'd RMA it if I were you dude. It isn't that bad of a process. They send you the phone first and once you get it you send back the old one. You never know what other problems you might encounter with your device in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Ahh, I didn't know they sent a replacement first, that makes this seem much less painful. What does RMA stand for though? Sorry, I don't come to these forums often.
 
Texan1836
Old
#5  
Texan1836's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelick07 View Post
Ahh, I didn't know they sent a replacement first, that makes this seem much less painful. What does RMA stand for though? Sorry, I don't come to these forums often.
Return Merchandie Authorization I think

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
jmelick07
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 42
Join Date: Dec 2010
Does anyone think they'd give me issues? You can't see the lifting (because of the lip that goes above the edge of the glass, but it is audible and you can feel it when you push just a bit hard.
 
Texan1836
Old
#7  
Texan1836's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelick07 View Post
Does anyone think they'd give me issues? You can't see the lifting (because of the lip that goes above the edge of the glass, but it is audible and you can feel it when you push just a bit hard.
I doubt it. I don't think they really check too much into the defects.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more