Bottom of the screen lights up stronger than the rest of the screen

OP simondva

31st August 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Hi guys, I recently changed the LCD panel on my phone with an OEM replacement. The screen looked fine but just some days ago I noticed that the bottom of the screen just lights up a lot stronger than the rest of the panel.. This is where usually the navigation buttons are. I use an app called Screen Filter, witch is like Dimmer for the PC. The app doesn't affect that lower portion of the screen and I don't know if it was that what caused the damage... So, first, is it a way to fix my screen? Second, is it possible that the app that dims the screen did the damage? Thanks in advance!
31st August 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,204

5,374 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simondva

Hi guys, I recently changed the LCD panel on my phone with an OEM replacement. The screen looked fine but just some days ago I noticed that the bottom of the screen just lights up a lot stronger than the rest of the panel.. This is where usually the navigation buttons are. I use an app called Screen Filter, witch is like Dimmer for the PC. The app doesn't affect that lower portion of the screen and I don't know if it was that what caused the damage... So, first, is it a way to fix my screen? Second, is it possible that the app that dims the screen did the damage? Thanks in advance!

My response in the first thread you posted about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Is it light bleed? Some LCD panels are plagued with it. I had a replacement N5 that just got sent back to Google that had horrible light bleed on the bottom of the screen. It could just be the panel you used and you never noticed it before. An app can't damage the screen like that, as LCD panels are not susceptible to burn in like OLED is.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bar, bottom, light, navigation, screen
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank