[Q] Screen turns off when starting an application after water contact

Tip us?

kickedINtheHEAD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Screen turns off when starting an application after water contact

Hi,

after my girlfriends nexus had some contact with water under an open tap (just for a second) it behavious very strange.
She turned it off right after the incident and we dried it for some days. Then we tried to turn it on again. There were no problems so far, but after we entered the PIN code and started an application, the screen turned off (with animation). I restarted the phone, same behaviour.

Ok, after that I tried a factory reset in the recovery. Still the same problem, so I flashed the factory image again. Nothing changed.
So my last try was to unlock the device and flash a custom rom (cyanogen). Now the setup works fine, but after I try to open the first application, the screen turns off again. Also flashing was never a problem.

Does anybody have an idea what else can i try?

Thanks in advance

x102x96x
Old
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickedINtheHEAD View Post
Hi,

after my girlfriends nexus had some contact with water under an open tap (just for a second) it behavious very strange.
She turned it off right after the incident and we dried it for some days. Then we tried to turn it on again. There were no problems so far, but after we entered the PIN code and started an application, the screen turned off (with animation). I restarted the phone, same behaviour.

Ok, after that I tried a factory reset in the recovery. Still the same problem, so I flashed the factory image again. Nothing changed.
So my last try was to unlock the device and flash a custom rom (cyanogen). Now the setup works fine, but after I try to open the first application, the screen turns off again. Also flashing was never a problem.

Thanks in advance
when u tried almost of software troubleshooting it should be hardware problem
so take it to service to check its hardware

Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Developing & Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & AndroidWear <<<
SonyXperiaZ2...
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /NC1
GoogleNexus5; D821 /kXk | KOT49H | CM11 | Ubuntu |
CM11 (In Use)
GoogleNexus7; Grouper /kXk | JB-KK | Ubuntu |
BT5 & CM11 (In Use)

samersh72
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5955
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickedINtheHEAD View Post
Hi,

Thanks in advance
you must, immediately after water contact, dis-assemble the device and dry it with a cold hair dryer.
Google Nexus 5: N5 Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S4 I9500/I9505: Unroot, flash official stock
Galaxy Nexus I9250: Gnex Tips & Tricks ////// Odin/Back to stock 4.3 / 4.2.2
Galaxy SIII Mini I8190: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Young S5360: Young Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P: Unroot, Flash official stock
Sony Experia SP C5303 // Sony Experia L C2105
Galaxy Tab 3 T210