XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Polish to get rid of scratches?

Tip us?

drew_grant
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Default Screen Polish to get rid of scratches?

So my Nexus 5 took a bad spill today and the top part of the back cover kind of popped loose and there was a faint scratch on the screen. I popped the hinge back into the phone so that seems to be okay but this faint scratch is about 2.5 inches long on the screen. I can't actually feel the scratch but I can see it. Does anybody know of a polish to help conceal this?
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 White
Apple iPad 16GB White
Twitter @drewgrant1023
Facebook facebook.com/drewgrantofficial
Gmail/Google+ dgrant1023@gmail.com

Letitride
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_grant View Post
So my Nexus 5 took a bad spill today and the top part of the back cover kind of popped loose and there was a faint scratch on the screen. I popped the hinge back into the phone so that seems to be okay but this faint scratch is about 2.5 inches long on the screen. I can't actually feel the scratch but I can see it. Does anybody know of a polish to help conceal this?
Sorry to hear about your device's tumbled fall - so much for those with naked preference. Ours are heavily protected ...

Being that it's GG3 with special coating - not so sure what will work w/o making it worse, you might want to try to contact these folks via email & see what they recommend (and whether their products will mitigate somewhat) - https://www.klearscreen.com/

Good luck !
Google Nexus 5 - 4.4.2 !! *rooted* stock - x 2 in black & white: T-Mo 4G
Asus 2012 Nexus 7 32GB WiFi, 4.4.2 *rooted* stock
HTC Incredible 2 x 2, unlocked S-OFF CWM 5.x HB.97 (6.13.1002) SR's Zeus R1.3, Sense v5.0.m-e4: AT&T/T-Mo
Viewsonic Vpad7-CWM 5.x EUv1.7b ITE Rom 2.2.2 hw107, A2SD, 3G+WiFi
HTC Droid Eris-GB 2.3.5 CM7 V.24RIP-Vanila-ICS, WiFi only (2.42.02.10.29)
HTC Ozone (unlocked GSM+CDMA) 3VO ROM: WinMo 6.5: CMHK/CN+
Sony E. W995 CID53Red, R1HA036 generic, C905 custpack

PhoenixFx
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Do not use polish or any abrasive chemicals on the screen. Because it has special coatings applied to repel fingerprints and reduce friction etc. Using a polish will remove those layers and may make the screen look worse. If the scratch annoys you too much, try putting on a screen protector, or a tempered glass screen shield on top, that may hide the scratch. Whats more that will also protect your screen from stuff like in the future.