FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Screen Repair?

13th March 2014, 06:53 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Hello everyone.

Just bought a Nexus 5 off somebody on craigslist, one big issue. Broken digitizer (I did know this when I bought it). Glass itself is mint, not even a scratch. However, the digitizer is all kinds of f***ed up, and the touch does not work. Phone itself works fine, I can confirm.

Has anybody sent their Nexus 5 in to LG recently for screen repair? If so how much was it? It would be $10 to send it in and either get it fixed or not, so I'm wary about sending it in without knowing a price. Anybody know? I'm guessing $100-$150 area, friend could do it for me with just the parts but obviously I'd prefer LG to do it. Just wondering.

Thanks!
 
 
13th March 2014, 07:02 AM |#2  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,473
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDylan1357

Hello everyone.

Just bought a Nexus 5 off somebody on craigslist, one big issue. Broken digitizer (I did know this when I bought it). Glass itself is mint, not even a scratch. However, the digitizer is all kinds of f***ed up, and the touch does not work. Phone itself works fine, I can confirm.

Has anybody sent their Nexus 5 in to LG recently for screen repair? If so how much was it? It would be $10 to send it in and either get it fixed or not, so I'm wary about sending it in without knowing a price. Anybody know? I'm guessing $100-$150 area, friend could do it for me with just the parts but obviously I'd prefer LG to do it. Just wondering.

Thanks!

Call a service center for an estimate, but i guess 100-150 USD will not be sufficient for the part plus assembly.
13th March 2014, 07:26 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Do lg instead. I bought a screen from ebay and the screen didn't even work correctly. It didn't compared to the original screen. It cost me 150 for that third party screen replacement. I heard that's the price for an OFFICIAL screen from lg as well. That's what I'm planning on doing next.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to xXghostXx313 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 07:42 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Call a service center for an estimate, but i guess 100-150 USD will not be sufficient for the part plus assembly.

idk, I've heard it's $146 some places, $100 others. They don't give out estimates, it has to be sent in (odd).
13th March 2014, 07:45 AM |#5  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,473
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDylan1357

idk, I've heard it's $146 some places, $100 others. They don't give out estimates, it has to be sent in (odd).

As stated above make sure they`re talking about a original LG screen and not some cheap Chinese knockoff.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 08:38 AM |#6  
NORCALkID's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
I replaced the screen my self ..It cost me 135 on eBay. What is nice is that the screen comes with the housing and buttons and pretty much all you do is drop the pieces into the new housing. Look up a few tutorials to see how its done. Also bought a few tools so all in all it was $150.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank