5,598,297 Members 47,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen stretches

Tip us?

blackhemi4x4
Old
Thanks Meter 63
OK, what you are seeing is normal. On some apps and screens, its a notification that you cannot swipe further. I think apple called it some sort of rubber band and android had it switch to a different way of this notification due to patent issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nexus 7 32gb Wi-Fi 4.2.1
SGSIII 16gb Pebble Blue
Nexus S
The Following User Says Thank You to blackhemi4x4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dawo5010
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPPER03 View Post
nope,none on the right on my 4 pics,the blue on the left,or the white on the bottom,depends on which pic.
I cant see your pic and guessing no one sees mine
Well, the white effect from the top and bottom in most apps, and the blue effect on the sides in the Gallery are a design feature of Android. Just like how iOS has its bounce back effect, Android has this 'holo' thing going for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dawo5010 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RIPPER03
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi4x4 View Post
OK, what you are seeing is normal. On some apps and screens, its a notification that you cannot swipe further. I think apple called it some sort of rubber band and android had it switch to a different way of this notification due to patent issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
wow,I have been using my HTC one s for a year and a half,and my daughters htc one,and my neighbors nexus 7,and have never seen it.It is really prominent on my phone and fugly...it looks broken,haha,like a speaker magnet sucking my TV screen...can I disable it?

muriani
Old
Thanks Meter 13
That's because the HTC One S and One run the HTC Sense skin, and don't even run a stock Google OS.
I came from the One S myself... radio broke badly after a failed Maxiums 10 install.
The "glow" is new, kinda weirded me out at first but I've got used to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to muriani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RIPPER03
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you everyone,every thread has it's good and bad points.
Good point...phone is not broken and I don't have to send it back.
Good point...I have 10 posts so links and pictures will be easier,lol.
Bad point....Realized I am stuck with this ugly feature on my phone...

Time to learn some customizing.

peace

chopper the dog
Old
(Last edited by chopper the dog; 8th December 2013 at 07:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 730
Looks like whatever rom you are running has the old xhdpi calculator from ics/jb judging by the grey bars on the side of the screen. So you have both ICS blue holo and the new white kit kat over scroll glow at the same time. #blametheromdev

good day.
$3 charging dock for the galaxy nexus. SEE HERE.
If I annoyed you. Hit the thanks button.
The Following User Says Thank You to chopper the dog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RIPPER03
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper the dog View Post
Looks like whatever rom you are running has the old xhdpi calculator from ics/jb judging by the grey bars on the side of the screen. So you have both ICS blue holo and the new white kit kat over scroll glow at the same time. #blametheromdev

good day.
The ROM I am running is what it shipped with from google play..:

chopper the dog
Old
Thanks Meter 730
Ok, I was wrong on the rom. But you did something to the phone to cause the issue. True stock doesn't look like that. Perhaps an LCD density change that you did?

good day.

muyoso
Old
Thanks Meter 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper the dog View Post
Ok, I was wrong on the rom. But you did something to the phone to cause the issue. True stock doesn't look like that. Perhaps an LCD density change that you did?

good day.
It's a screenshot of a screenshot. First looks like he is in the calculator app and second he is in the gallery looking at the screenshot of the calculator app. No idea where the blue came from though. Should be white.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

chopper the dog
Old
Thanks Meter 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
It's a screenshot of a screenshot. First looks like he is in the calculator app and second he is in the gallery looking at the screenshot of the calculator app. No idea where the blue came from though. Should be white.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
AHHHHH, riddle solved. Not sure how i over looked the dots at the bottom. The blue is in the gallery app then.

/me backs away from this thread.

good day.