Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 39,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screenshot button combination not working

Tip us?

kepz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Default Screenshot button combination not working

It may be a simple issue to fix, but it's annoying that I can't capture my screenshot the power button and volume down combination capture screen. I'm having to go to power menu and selecting screenshot.

Any thoughts as to how I get it back to default?

I'm using Paranoid ROM 4.1-Beta 2.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Retired
> Heaps of Nokia Phones > HTC Desire > iPhone4 > Samsung Galaxy S II > Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime > Samsung Galaxy Note 1 > Galaxy S III > Galaxy Tab 2 7" 3G > iPhone4s

Current
> Google Nexus 5 32GB
> Samsung Tab 2 10.1 Wi-Fi

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
PA could be using a different method (or keys are remapped when you enable in reboot menu). However it could be an error like Samsung devices have and you need to reboot for it to work (I imagine you've already tried this though)
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

patriotaus
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I'm just saying this just in case because I have come across quite a few people with this issue and they were just doing it wrong.

Power and Volume down at the exact same time. If either are pressed slightly before the other it won't work.

Have you ever been able to elicit the screenshot functionality using the buttons?

howard bamber
Old
Thanks Meter 171
If you are rooted use xposed with expansion menu when you press off key only menu Inc screen shot comes up on screen. It's in gravity box and others

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kepz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Thanks guys. Reboot didn't work and I'm quite aware of how to take a screenshot as I do it often but uninstalling a Xposed module must have fixed.

I was over Xposed with tweaks lol.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Retired
> Heaps of Nokia Phones > HTC Desire > iPhone4 > Samsung Galaxy S II > Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime > Samsung Galaxy Note 1 > Galaxy S III > Galaxy Tab 2 7" 3G > iPhone4s

Current
> Google Nexus 5 32GB
> Samsung Tab 2 10.1 Wi-Fi