Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 38,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Search request] Hellscore for N5

Tip us?

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
...which is a brick
Pretty much, unless you manage to boot into the secondary bootloader

Nexus 4: /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 - kernel
Nexus 5: /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 - main bootloader

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm19981217 View Post
I mean in multirom. You can flash a kernel To secondary Roms. They should install To the multirom folder I think. So it should only make the secondary unbootabke?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Wouldn't risk it regardless as such a thing is stupid and idiotic to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list. Feel free to add me to yours.

bm19981217
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just wanted To know. I'm not gonna do it

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3206
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm19981217 View Post
I didn't ASK for help here. I just told him he should have a look at the ZIP before flashing. I don't know if it's dangerous. Many guys there confirmed it is working.
I'm gonna try as soon AS I have time myself.

Btw: is it dangerous To flash a kernel on a secondary Rom? Will my device break if I flash a Nexus 4 kernel on a secondary Rom?

To me.... It would have to boast super magical mystic power for me to risk flashing anything I didn't get from XDA, or at least a very credible source. There is so much here on XDA... I don't understand the desire to look for things elsewhere. I guarantee even if it works, it won't do anything special or be any better than the many kernels here on XDA.

But it's you're device and your choice. 👍

And flashing anything that isn't 100 percent made for your device can cause lots of issues... Up to winnIng you a pretty and expensive paperweight. 😉
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

wangdaning
Old
Thanks Meter 57
While I agree because English is my first language and the only one I am fluent in, it must be understood that not all developers speak/write in English. Some really good stuff out there on other sites that cannot be found here because the dev cannot use the forum (English posts only). I agree with the rule by the way, just saying.

I would also add, if getting something for another source in another language, make sure you understand that language enough to know what is going on.

Also agree, plenty of nice kernels on here with lots of helpful devs and users.

ccab
Old
(Last edited by ccab; 20th August 2014 at 06:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 302
This is the most recent AOSP version. All credits to the dev

hellscore b3.6

http://d-h.st/7NP

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10662
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdaning View Post
While I agree because English is my first language and the only one I am fluent in, it must be understood that not all developers speak/write in English. Some really good stuff out there on other sites that cannot be found here because the dev cannot use the forum (English posts only). I agree with the rule by the way, just saying.

I would also add, if getting something for another source in another language, make sure you understand that language enough to know what is going on.

Also agree, plenty of nice kernels on here with lots of helpful devs and users.
Its not so much other sites. But definitely out of context dev host links I'm against.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

wangdaning
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Its not so much other sites. But definitely out of context dev host links I'm against.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Agree

The Following User Says Thank You to wangdaning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]