Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 48,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] security: chronologically keep track of all my apk installs

Tip us?

dontbeweakvato
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No snap chat for me. I thought of this idea for logs of this stuff before. There's got to be a way!

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbeweakvato View Post
No snap chat for me. I thought of this idea for logs of this stuff before. There's got to be a way!
You may need to learn app development and make a way.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

Lethargy
Old
(Last edited by Lethargy; 27th July 2014 at 10:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbeweakvato View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
You may need to learn app development and make a way.
If you made an app to log package installs it would be a waste of time + have to be running on your device all the time. It'll also hardly be of any use, since most people aren't installing like 20 apps a day, every day. Just write it down if you really need to LOL.

For packages you currently have installed via Play or .apk installation you could go into /data/app and look at the dates on the .apk files. If you flashed something in recovery it'll show up as August 1 1970 or August 1 2008 or whatever generic date. As said previously, Titanium Backup uses this if you sort by date lol.

Edit, example (most mine are 25 July since I restored them through Titanium Backup):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.