XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sense

Tip us?

raymond4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235

DONATE TO ME
I just don't understand why users on here gets so uptight when these things get brought up. if u want sense go buy a HTC phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18008
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond4 View Post
I know and that's true but isn't the n5 a dev phone ? That's what I thought. I'm just saying it's always good to have variety of different Roms.

it is, and a variety of roms is good too. problem is is sense itself, it uses up your phones resources and will slow it down. you want a slow nexus?
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

raymond4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
it is, and a variety of roms is good too. problem is is sense itself, it uses up your phones resources and will slow it down. you want a slow nexus?
I understand that but when I used the newer sense it wasn't as slow like the other versions of sense. So to me sense 5 wouldn't be as slow on our n5. Plus if it was then we could remove the bloatware to make it less heavy on our n5.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18008
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond4 View Post
I understand that but when I used the newer sense it wasn't as slow like the other versions of sense. So to me sense 5 wouldn't be as slow on our n5. Plus if it was then we could remove the bloatware to make it less heavy on our n5.

go ahead. make sure that you get the framework working on a nexus 5 first, then develop a kernel to support sense. really, it would be cool if you do. i wouldnt use it, but some would. the issue is that it would take a mass amount of time and effort to do so, and not many are willing to be so dedicated to it.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

Eat it iPhone
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I came from having had 3 HTC phones in the past. Evo 4g, evo 3d, and evo 4g LTE. All good phones. Sense wasn't terrible.

I can say though the only thing I miss was linked contacts. That rocked. Otherwise I'm totally happy with stock android and getting updates when they come out, not a year later or never.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 5 32GB
Stock ROM
Unlocked/Rooted
TWRP