[Q] Sent my Nexus 5 to LG for repair, returned with this on boot

Search This thread

blnwp

Jun 2, 2012
New York
My Nexus 5 display shattered and sent it for display replacement to LG. They replaced the display and sent it back to me. After that when turning on the phone, I see this appear on the screen.

Not able to embed imgur link here. Attached the image.

It works perfectly well otherwise. I just want to know what does this mean.

Also, I'm planning to root my Nexus 5. I'm ignorant about how to root it. I'm little hesitant after seeing the above Would be helpful if someone can help me unlock the bootloader and root my phone.

Attachments

• XvACj6O.jpg
    XvACj6O.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 1,604

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
My Nexus 5 display shattered and sent it for display replacement to LG. They replaced the display and sent it back to me. After that when turning on the phone, I see this appear on the screen.

Not able to embed imgur link here. Attached the image.

It works perfectly well otherwise. I just want to know what does this mean.

Also, I'm planning to root my Nexus 5. I'm ignorant about how to root it. I'm little hesitant after seeing the above Would be helpful if someone can help me unlock the bootloader and root my phone.

its the bootloader. normally youd see it when you turn on the phone pressing the power butyon okus the volume down key.

blnwp

Jun 2, 2012
New York
its the bootloader. normally youd see it when you turn on the phone pressing the power butyon okus the volume down key.

Okay. Thanks. As it appears without pressing the volume key, assuming it's not normal.

Besides, can you help me on how to proceed with rooting my phone? Should the normal steps work? I wanted to try the CF-Auto-Root but little hesitant because of this. Also guides say to use Volume up + down + power to enter bootloader mode. When I do that, it just appears in that same screen I mentioned. As you said if this is the bootloader, I'm already in bootloader and should proceed to next step?

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Okay. Thanks. As it appears without pressing the volume key, assuming it's not normal.

Besides, can you help me on how to proceed with rooting my phone? Should the normal steps work? I wanted to try the CF-Auto-Root but little hesitant because of this. Also guides say to use Volume up + down + power to enter bootloader mode. When I do that, it just appears in that same screen I mentioned. As you said if this is the bootloader, I'm already in bootloader and should proceed to next step?

yea, thats the bootloader.
any nexus is easy to root, and all follow the same steps. the basics..
1. fastboot oem unlock. this unlocks the bootloader
2. fastboot flash a custom recovery.
3. flash either the su binaries or a custom rom via your new recovery.
4. reboot and profit.

blnwp

Jun 2, 2012
New York
yea, thats the bootloader.
any nexus is easy to root, and all follow the same steps. the basics..
1. fastboot oem unlock. this unlocks the bootloader
2. fastboot flash a custom recovery.
3. flash either the su binaries or a custom rom via your new recovery.
4. reboot and profit.

Thanks!! Appreciate the help. Will update if anything goes wrong with the root process.

noXcape

Mar 12, 2012
You should reboot completely after bootloader unlock or u will end up bootloopin

Sent from my Nexus 5

blnwp

Jun 2, 2012
New York
Yes, I read about in AC before rooting and I did reboot after unlock. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk