Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

UX Design in Apps and ROMs w/ Kevin Bruckert – BABBQ2014

This year’s Big Android BBQ has come and gone. While the whole event was … more

Bring Material Design Goodness to Your App with Support Library

At Google I/O 2014, the next iteration of Android was announced and … more

[Q] Settings-->Themes

OP blackuse

17th June 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
There is this option called Themes in the settings menu. consider me a complete newbie and tell me how that works(Like does it help in changing themes if so how do I do it).
17th June 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Glenview, IL
Thanks Meter: 86

225 posts
More
There is no option called themes on the stock Rom. What are you running?
17th June 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #3  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,107

3,559 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackuse

There is this option called Themes in the settings menu. consider me a complete newbie and tell me how that works(Like does it help in changing themes if so how do I do it).

A custom ROM dev may choose to add the new CM theme engine to his/her ROM. If you were to install a theme (via Play Store or .apk from XDA, NOT themes that you flash or where you modify files) you use the theme manager to use the theme.
18th June 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

A custom ROM dev may choose to add the new CM theme engine to his/her ROM. If you were to install a theme (via Play Store or .apk from XDA, NOT themes that you flash or where you modify files) you use the theme manager to use the theme.

nice it works great !!. how do i add fonts to the system like change the whole system fonts
18th June 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
hi do u remember my pre question about my missing internal files i jst figured out that when i delete this folder "storage" all the files gets wiped out
only happens when i delete it through my comp, not able to see the file using any file explorer with in the phone and i have no idea of which app created that file
18th June 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #6  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,357

23,396 posts
More
Quote:

hi do u remember my pre question about my missing internal files i jst figured out that when i delete this folder "storage" all the files gets wiped out
only happens when i delete it through my comp, not able to see the file using any file explorer with in the phone and i have no idea of which app created that file

Storage is an android folder and it contains links to tour /sdcard

Don't delete things of you don't know what they are

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #7  
Flag Somewhere quiet.

3,559 posts
More
Quote:

You deleted a symlink that linked to your internal storage, thus it deleted everything. You can't see the symlink in a file explorer while in Android but while connected to a PC, you can.

https://www.google.com/#q=define+symlink
19th June 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

You deleted a symlink that linked to your internal storage, thus it deleted everything. You can't see the symlink in a file explorer while in Android but while connected to a PC, you can.

https://www.google.com/#q=define+symlink

wow never expected it to be so complicated. Does this symbolic link show up only in custom rom's, if no then normal users like myself would probably mistake it for an empty folder and delete it.

Thanks for the explanation.
19th June 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #9  
Flag Somewhere quiet.

3,559 posts
More
Quote:

wow never expected it to be so complicated. Does this symbolic link show up only in custom rom's, if no then normal users like myself would probably mistake it for an empty folder and delete it.

Thanks for the explanation.

It exists in any ROM. You shouldn't delete anything if you don't know what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Last edited by Lethargy; 19th June 2014 at 08:13 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread