Should You Get Wear? Wearer’s Practical Observations

Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in … more

SlimRoms: Updates on the Horizon

SlimRoms’ website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but … more

Your Favorite Wireless Charger?

Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature … more

ASUS US Invites Developers at XDA to Special Event

ASUS has built a solid name over the years for their computer components, but in the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Settings-->Themes

17th June 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
There is this option called Themes in the settings menu. consider me a complete newbie and tell me how that works(Like does it help in changing themes if so how do I do it).
17th June 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #2  
Lokke9191's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Glenview, IL
Thanks Meter: 134
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
There is no option called themes on the stock Rom. What are you running?
17th June 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #3  
Elluel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,149
 
5,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackuse

There is this option called Themes in the settings menu. consider me a complete newbie and tell me how that works(Like does it help in changing themes if so how do I do it).

A custom ROM dev may choose to add the new CM theme engine to his/her ROM. If you were to install a theme (via Play Store or .apk from XDA, NOT themes that you flash or where you modify files) you use the theme manager to use the theme.
18th June 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

A custom ROM dev may choose to add the new CM theme engine to his/her ROM. If you were to install a theme (via Play Store or .apk from XDA, NOT themes that you flash or where you modify files) you use the theme manager to use the theme.

nice it works great !!. how do i add fonts to the system like change the whole system fonts
18th June 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
hi do u remember my pre question about my missing internal files i jst figured out that when i delete this folder "storage" all the files gets wiped out
only happens when i delete it through my comp, not able to see the file using any file explorer with in the phone and i have no idea of which app created that file
18th June 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #6  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 16,134
 
27,675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackuse

hi do u remember my pre question about my missing internal files i jst figured out that when i delete this folder "storage" all the files gets wiped out
only happens when i delete it through my comp, not able to see the file using any file explorer with in the phone and i have no idea of which app created that file

Storage is an android folder and it contains links to tour /sdcard

Don't delete things of you don't know what they are

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #7  
Elluel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,149
 
5,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackuse

hi do u remember my pre question about my missing internal files i jst figured out that when i delete this folder "storage" all the files gets wiped out
only happens when i delete it through my comp, not able to see the file using any file explorer with in the phone and i have no idea of which app created that file

You deleted a symlink that linked to your internal storage, thus it deleted everything. You can't see the symlink in a file explorer while in Android but while connected to a PC, you can.

https://www.google.com/#q=define+symlink
19th June 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

You deleted a symlink that linked to your internal storage, thus it deleted everything. You can't see the symlink in a file explorer while in Android but while connected to a PC, you can.

https://www.google.com/#q=define+symlink

wow never expected it to be so complicated. Does this symbolic link show up only in custom rom's, if no then normal users like myself would probably mistake it for an empty folder and delete it.

Thanks for the explanation.
19th June 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #9  
Elluel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,149
 
5,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackuse

wow never expected it to be so complicated. Does this symbolic link show up only in custom rom's, if no then normal users like myself would probably mistake it for an empty folder and delete it.

Thanks for the explanation.

It exists in any ROM. You shouldn't delete anything if you don't know what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Last edited by Elluel; 19th June 2014 at 08:13 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elluel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes