Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 39,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Settings-->Themes

Tip us?

blackuse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Settings-->Themes

There is this option called Themes in the settings menu. consider me a complete newbie and tell me how that works(Like does it help in changing themes if so how do I do it).

Lokke9191
Old
Thanks Meter 79
There is no option called themes on the stock Rom. What are you running?

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackuse View Post
There is this option called Themes in the settings menu. consider me a complete newbie and tell me how that works(Like does it help in changing themes if so how do I do it).
A custom ROM dev may choose to add the new CM theme engine to his/her ROM. If you were to install a theme (via Play Store or .apk from XDA, NOT themes that you flash or where you modify files) you use the theme manager to use the theme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.

blackuse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
A custom ROM dev may choose to add the new CM theme engine to his/her ROM. If you were to install a theme (via Play Store or .apk from XDA, NOT themes that you flash or where you modify files) you use the theme manager to use the theme.
nice it works great !!. how do i add fonts to the system like change the whole system fonts

blackuse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hi do u remember my pre question about my missing internal files i jst figured out that when i delete this folder "storage" all the files gets wiped out
only happens when i delete it through my comp, not able to see the file using any file explorer with in the phone and i have no idea of which app created that file

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,854
Quote:
hi do u remember my pre question about my missing internal files i jst figured out that when i delete this folder "storage" all the files gets wiped out
only happens when i delete it through my comp, not able to see the file using any file explorer with in the phone and i have no idea of which app created that file
Storage is an android folder and it contains links to tour /sdcard

Don't delete things of you don't know what they are

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,388
Quote:
You deleted a symlink that linked to your internal storage, thus it deleted everything. You can't see the symlink in a file explorer while in Android but while connected to a PC, you can.

https://www.google.com/#q=define+symlink
Quote:
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

blackuse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
You deleted a symlink that linked to your internal storage, thus it deleted everything. You can't see the symlink in a file explorer while in Android but while connected to a PC, you can.

https://www.google.com/#q=define+symlink
wow never expected it to be so complicated. Does this symbolic link show up only in custom rom's, if no then normal users like myself would probably mistake it for an empty folder and delete it.

Thanks for the explanation.

Lethargy
Old
(Last edited by Lethargy; 19th June 2014 at 08:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,388
Quote:
wow never expected it to be so complicated. Does this symbolic link show up only in custom rom's, if no then normal users like myself would probably mistake it for an empty folder and delete it.

Thanks for the explanation.
It exists in any ROM. You shouldn't delete anything if you don't know what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]