Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 48,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No signal anymore

Tip us?

mathew1234
Old
(Last edited by mathew1234; 8th June 2014 at 06:28 PM.) Reason: Spelling mistake
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
Default [Q] No signal anymore

Hey guys... I recently encountered a problem with my nexus 5. Suddenly my phone lost signal and it won't receive any more signal.I was on the latest version of PA on 4.4.2 ...... Now I factory reset my phone and it's stuck on phone setup... What do I do?? I'll try flashing back to stock later and I'll see if it's fixed... Also, before factory resetting my phone, I checked my IMEI and it isnt gone.... It was still there.. Strange... Any suggestions on what I should do? Also, I don't have a nandroid backup....
If i helped you please press the thanks button!!!!!! It doesnt hurt!

Pr0meth3us
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1234 View Post
Hey guys... I recently encountered a problem with my nexus 5. Suddenly my phone lost signal and it won't receive any more signal.I was on the latest version of PA on 4.4.2 ...... Now I factory reset my phone and it's stuck on phone setup... What do I do?? I'll try flashing back to stock later and I'll see if it's fixed... Also, before factory resetting my phone, I checked my IMEI and it isnt gone.... It was still there.. Strange... Any suggestions on what I should do? Also, I don't have a nandroid backup....
this is what happened to my phone a couple days ago

haven't found a fix.

out of the blue, my phone just dropped its signal and refuses to connect.

samersh72
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6826
flash stock images including cache.img
Google Nexus 5: N5 Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S4 I9500/I9505: Unroot, flash official stock
Galaxy S5 G900: EFS Backup / Post your PIT file.
Galaxy Nexus I9250: Gnex Tips & Tricks ////// Odin/Back to stock 4.3 / 4.2.2
Galaxy SIII Mini I8190: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Young S5360: Young Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P: Unroot, Flash official stock
Sony Experia SP C5303 // Sony Experia L C2105

Pr0meth3us
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by samersh72 View Post
flash stock images including cache.img
had no effect, done this 3 times now.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0meth3us View Post
had no effect, done this 3 times now.
You have, yes. This advice is for the OP. Your advice is to RMA as per your thread

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pr0meth3us
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
You have, yes. This advice is for the OP. Your advice is to RMA as per your thread

totally sorry for thread hijack, just frustrating.

hope that works for you OP.

mathew1234
Old
(Last edited by mathew1234; 9th June 2014 at 06:39 PM.) Reason: Forgot to add a line
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
Unhappy Still no luck :(

Guys... Returning to stock didn't do anything... Still the same problem... Now I'm stuck in setting up the phone since it shows that my sim is inserted and it's trying to activate the sim... But it stays there forever ... I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the sim holder... When I tried removing the SIM card for the phone, it failed to eject my SIM card... Now I have to find a way to get my sim out... When I use the pin, it only opens 1/8.. It's too small to fit anything in it... What do I do?? Running out of ideas...

I could give my phone for repair but I live in Dubai and I don't think there are any service centers here...
If i helped you please press the thanks button!!!!!! It doesnt hurt!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9744
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1234 View Post
Guys... Returning to stock didn't do anything... Still the same problem... Now I'm stuck in setting up the phone since it shows that my sim is inserted and it's trying to activate the sim... But it stays there forever ... I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the sim holder... When I tried removing the SIM card for the phone, it failed to eject my SIM card... Now I have to find a way to get my sim out... When I use the pin, it only opens 1/8.. It's too small to fit anything in it... What do I do?? Running out of ideas...

I could give my phone for repair but I live in Dubai and I don't think there are any service centers here...
Yeah definitely sounds like you need a repair. Contact google initially and sew what they say

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.