Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

[Q] No signal anymore

8th June 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 174

340 posts
More
Hey guys... I recently encountered a problem with my nexus 5. Suddenly my phone lost signal and it won't receive any more signal.I was on the latest version of PA on 4.4.2 ...... Now I factory reset my phone and it's stuck on phone setup... What do I do?? I'll try flashing back to stock later and I'll see if it's fixed... Also, before factory resetting my phone, I checked my IMEI and it isnt gone.... It was still there.. Strange... Any suggestions on what I should do? Also, I don't have a nandroid backup....
Last edited by mathew1234; 8th June 2014 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
8th June 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1234

Hey guys... I recently encountered a problem with my nexus 5. Suddenly my phone lost signal and it won't receive any more signal.I was on the latest version of PA on 4.4.2 ...... Now I factory reset my phone and it's stuck on phone setup... What do I do?? I'll try flashing back to stock later and I'll see if it's fixed... Also, before factory resetting my phone, I checked my IMEI and it isnt gone.... It was still there.. Strange... Any suggestions on what I should do? Also, I don't have a nandroid backup....

this is what happened to my phone a couple days ago

haven't found a fix.

out of the blue, my phone just dropped its signal and refuses to connect.
8th June 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #4  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samersh72

flash stock images including cache.img

had no effect, done this 3 times now.
8th June 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,678

22,636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0meth3us

had no effect, done this 3 times now.

You have, yes. This advice is for the OP. Your advice is to RMA as per your thread

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #6  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

You have, yes. This advice is for the OP. Your advice is to RMA as per your thread

totally sorry for thread hijack, just frustrating.

hope that works for you OP.
9th June 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 174

340 posts
More
Unhappy Still no luck :(
Guys... Returning to stock didn't do anything... Still the same problem... Now I'm stuck in setting up the phone since it shows that my sim is inserted and it's trying to activate the sim... But it stays there forever ... I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the sim holder... When I tried removing the SIM card for the phone, it failed to eject my SIM card... Now I have to find a way to get my sim out... When I use the pin, it only opens 1/8.. It's too small to fit anything in it... What do I do?? Running out of ideas...

I could give my phone for repair but I live in Dubai and I don't think there are any service centers here...
Last edited by mathew1234; 9th June 2014 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a line
9th June 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #8  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,678

22,636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1234

Guys... Returning to stock didn't do anything... Still the same problem... Now I'm stuck in setting up the phone since it shows that my sim is inserted and it's trying to activate the sim... But it stays there forever ... I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the sim holder... When I tried removing the SIM card for the phone, it failed to eject my SIM card... Now I have to find a way to get my sim out... When I use the pin, it only opens 1/8.. It's too small to fit anything in it... What do I do?? Running out of ideas...

I could give my phone for repair but I live in Dubai and I don't think there are any service centers here...

Yeah definitely sounds like you need a repair. Contact google initially and sew what they say

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread