Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 50,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Yet Another Signal Issue

Tip us?

lsmaverick31
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic240 View Post
Have you tried disabling LTE and just run with 3G? Not permanently, but for testing purposes.
I haven't tried this yet, gonna do it today. I'm just really hoping it's a SIM card issue, I hate replacing phones. But if it has to be done, then so be it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sony Xperia Z1s
Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Wergin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Signal Issue

In my tmobile no issue He goning will pretty quick.
I enjoy the 3g...

bpivk
Old
Thanks Meter 70
I have the same issue. The phone just came from my service center which didn't acknowledge the problem. I'm at a loss as to what to do next since they don't want to replace it under warranty (they say that the phone is fine).

lsmaverick31
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpivk View Post
I have the same issue. The phone just came from my service center which didn't acknowledge the problem. I'm at a loss as to what to do next since they don't want to replace it under warranty (they say that the phone is fine).
The problem is that, as long as you have strong service and don't lose signal, the problem is impossible to replicate. That's probably what your service center saw. I downloaded an app today to help monitor how long it takes to regain signal. If the data adds up, I plan to use it.

Sony Xperia Z1s
Microsoft Surface Pro 3

bpivk
Old
(Last edited by bpivk; 17th January 2014 at 05:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmaverick31 View Post
The problem is that, as long as you have strong service and don't lose signal, the problem is impossible to replicate. That's probably what your service center saw.
The problem occurs even when my phone is standing still. I have it on my desk where it has a five bar reception 24/7. I never moved it at that time and it still failed on me. I even tried a different SIM with same results.

lsmaverick31
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I have another question for everyone with the T-Mobile network. When I am at home, I have pretty weak signal. It is usually HSPA or, sometimes, HSPA+. However, when I try to switch to 2G in preferred network types, I cannot get any signal whatsoever. How is it possible that my phone can have 3G but cannot connect to 2G?

Sony Xperia Z1s
Microsoft Surface Pro 3

libertyhound
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Signal Issue

I had the same issue. I have great LTE signal at home. When I get to work it's 3G. The phone transitions from LTE to 3G ok. When I go into the middle of the building I loose the signal completely. When I go back outside the phone never reacquires 3G. I was able to duplicate this several times.

I did a factory reset which didn't work. I called T-Mobile support. They were no help. I went into T-Mobile store and asked if they would swap out the SIM. Bingo.

New SIM card solved my problem.