Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Signal/Network problem

OP masok

15th August 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,876

26,282 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masok

Well I just checked. IMEI not blacklisted on my carrier, also checked with swappa, not blacklisted either.
I used the *#*#4636#*#* to select wcdma as well as other options there, but still no go.
Also, under Mobile network settings, changed the preferred network type to LTE, 3G and 2G, but no luck
Tried Choose automatically the network, but still getting the message that its unable to register to the network right now and that I should try again later

I guess Im left with flashing some other ROM/kernel to see if it helps, unless someone has any other suggestions

call your provider first, problem can be on their end.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

also, what kind of nexus 5 is it, a d820 or d821? it would make a difference signal-wise. ones for north america, ones for europe. honestly, i have no idea which you would need http://www.phonearena.com/news/Diffe...d-D821_id48985
15th August 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
I don't know if the problem is with the carrier, since I'm using the very same simcard with another phone and I have data and network with no problem.

The phone is d820, but I know it works here (my wife has the same one), network 2g and 3g work well here, LTE is the only thing that won't work here with this phone but I don't care about that

I'll keep looking just in case, and I guess tomorrow I'll flash different ROM

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
15th August 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,819

4,160 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masok

I don't know if the problem is with the carrier, since I'm using the very same simcard with another phone and I have data and network with no problem.

The phone is d820, but I know it works here (my wife has the same one), network 2g and 3g work well here, LTE is the only thing that won't work here with this phone but I don't care about that

I'll keep looking just in case, and I guess tomorrow I'll flash different ROM

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

If the problem is wid radio flashing a different rom won't matter ..
Have u tried flashing a factory image ?
15th August 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #14  
OP Member

42 posts
I know flashing a new ROM wont help with radio, but I've seen that using *#*#4636#*#*, going into phone information and then Select Radio Band, gives me an error and force closes.
I've seen some threads about that, and someone saying that it was working on a CM ROM, so I was thinking of trying that in order to be able to select the radio band and see if that helps.

About the factory image, yes, I used the google images to go back to stock, and then performed the system updates.
17th August 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #15  
OP Member

42 posts
Well I flashed Slim Rom, and was able to get into *#*#4636#*#* to change radio band. Tried them all, no change.
Played around with the preferred networks and no luck either.

I'm officially out of ideas, but I'll keep digging around to see what I can find.

Any suggestions welcome.

Also, I know that there is a known issue with the GPS signal on some Nexus 5, and there are a few videos on Youtube showing how to fix it (basically opening the back of the phone, and sticking a piece of paper under the connector).
Does anyone know if there is something similar happening with the radio? Does anyone have a photo of the phone showing which part would be the antenna?

One additional thing I noticed.
If I switch, or just take out and reinsert the micro sim, the phone asks for a reboot. After doing that, when the phone boots up, I see I have network (full bars), going into mobile operators, I can see my carrier, and I can register too. But I cant make or receive any calls or messages.
During this 10 minutes that I have this sort of fake signal, if I go into *#*#4636#*#* and phone info, I can see my carrier, but it doesn't show my phone number. Weird.
Last edited by masok; 17th August 2014 at 05:07 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread