FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

No SIM Card - Emergency Calls Only

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By stuffed_tiger, Member on 27th July 2014, 04:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I recently purchased a Nexus 5 from Google Play. Everything had been running smoothly, until recently. Now my phone decides it doesn't want to acknowledge the SIM card. I've Google'd the problem, but haven't found a working solution.
The problem seems to be with the APN's. My APN list is now empty. Before, my custom APN had been there until this problem came about. Any APN I try to create and save doesn't even show up in the list. Also, when I try to create a new APN, the MCC and MNC fields default to "Not set" instead of 310 and 410 respectively.

I am on an unmodified, stock Nexus 5. If you know of a solution, don't hesitate to post.
Thanks in advance.

27th July 2014, 04:05 PM |#2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,653

More
You've tried other sims?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
28th July 2014, 04:26 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
I don't have any other SIM's to try.
My guess is that the APN list is empty because the phone doesn't register a SIM.
I popped out the SIM, reseated it, and put it back in again and the problem was gone.
28th July 2014, 06:03 PM |#4  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,653

More
APN only affects data. You wouldn't get "no sim" if. Oh had an APN problem.

It means one of the following
1) you haven't put a SIM in
2) you haven't put a SIM in properly
3) your SIM is faulty
4) your device is faulty

5th January 2015, 07:21 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thumbs down This is definitely a problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

APN only affects data. You wouldn't get "no sim" if. Oh had an APN problem.

It means one of the following
1) you haven't put a SIM in
2) you haven't put a SIM in properly
3) your SIM is faulty
4) your device is faulty

im with @stuffed_tiger here i feel the same way as my apn list also vanishes suddenly

ive had this problem for 2 months now .. tried several sims which work fine on other phones all to the same result ... no sim card error .. or even if it does detect the sim and latches on to network it drops after an hour or a day max ..

i hope some one finds a fix for this or confirms it is a hardware issue ... ive owned 2 nexus 5's before and they never had this problem
6th January 2015, 10:13 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetash

im with @stuffed_tiger here i feel the same way as my apn list also vanishes suddenly

ive had this problem for 2 months now .. tried several sims which work fine on other phones all to the same result ... no sim card error .. or even if it does detect the sim and latches on to network it drops after an hour or a day max ..

i hope some one finds a fix for this or confirms it is a hardware issue ... ive owned 2 nexus 5's before and they never had this problem

i fixed my problem by taking the sim out and putting it in again. i haven't had the problem since. it must have been how the sim was seated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apn, gps, nexus, sim
Previous Thread Next Thread