Samsung Galaxy S4 also Receives Android Lollipop Port

Once upon a time, when the original Samsung Galaxy S was just a dream for most XDA … more

How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sim Card Removed Popup ?

OP casonswag

23rd January 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 899

4,014 posts
More
Does anybody have this issue sim card was removed pop up it popsup randomly sometimes and i have to reboot its annoying

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 314

2,016 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casonswag

Does anybody have this issue sim card was removed pop up it popsup randomly sometimes and i have to reboot its annoying

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It most likely is caused from a bad Sim card. Try putting in a different Sim card and see if the error still pop up. If no error then you know what the issue is.

If the issue still persist then the next step would be getting it replaced because more than likely it's a bad Sim tray.

sent from my neXus 5
24th January 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

4,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718

It most likely is caused from a bad Sim card. Try putting in a different Sim card and see if the error still pop up. If no error then you know what the issue is.

If the issue still persist then the next step would be getting it replaced because more than likely it's a bad Sim tray.

sent from my neXus 5

Okay thanks for the reply im gonna try that i would have to get on from tmocause i dont have a spare micro sim

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #4  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 314

2,016 posts
More
No one in your household has a Sim card you can use? Does the error happen quite often or does it pop up once in a blue? What you can also try is removing the Sim and then inserting it back in. Maybe the Sim tray isn't flush.

sent from my neXus 5
24th January 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #5  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 930

3,138 posts
More
Quote:

Okay thanks for the reply im gonna try that i would have to get on from tmocause i dont have a spare micro sim

beware...they charge $10 for a sim card. I would just ask a friend that has a GSM carrier first.
24th January 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

4,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718

No one in your household has a Sim card you can use? Does the error happen quite often or does it pop up once in a blue? What you can also try is removing the Sim and then inserting it back in. Maybe the Sim tray isn't flush.

sent from my neXus 5

It hapened more frequent on pa rom and vanir but i flashed to stock rom and it happened only once today i took it out blew on it and inside the ports i havent seen a popup yet but im gonna let it sit for a lil and see cause thats when it would usually do it when the phone just sitting there and i unlock it

24th January 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

4,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

beware...they charge $10 for a sim card. I would just ask a friend that has a GSM carrier first.

Wow u serious nvm that then lol i could cut a regular sim and stick it in this right?

24th January 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #8  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 930

3,138 posts
More
Quote:

Wow u serious nvm that then lol i could cut a regular sim and stick it in this right?

They did in the two stores I went to. (One on vacation in NY and one in CA) Unless you buy a new phone from them, they seem to want to charge you for it. Yeah you could just cut a regular one. Be careful though, you don't want to get it stuck in there.

Worst case: http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/sim-card#close-cart ($.99)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread