Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sim Card Removed Popup ?

Tip us?

casonswag
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 894
Default Sim Card Removed Popup ?

Does anybody have this issue sim card was removed pop up it popsup randomly sometimes and i have to reboot its annoying

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OuncE718
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by casonswag View Post
Does anybody have this issue sim card was removed pop up it popsup randomly sometimes and i have to reboot its annoying

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It most likely is caused from a bad Sim card. Try putting in a different Sim card and see if the error still pop up. If no error then you know what the issue is.

If the issue still persist then the next step would be getting it replaced because more than likely it's a bad Sim tray.

sent from my neXus 5

casonswag
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
It most likely is caused from a bad Sim card. Try putting in a different Sim card and see if the error still pop up. If no error then you know what the issue is.

If the issue still persist then the next step would be getting it replaced because more than likely it's a bad Sim tray.

sent from my neXus 5
Okay thanks for the reply im gonna try that i would have to get on from tmocause i dont have a spare micro sim

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OuncE718
Old
Thanks Meter 302
No one in your household has a Sim card you can use? Does the error happen quite often or does it pop up once in a blue? What you can also try is removing the Sim and then inserting it back in. Maybe the Sim tray isn't flush.

sent from my neXus 5

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 835
Quote:
Okay thanks for the reply im gonna try that i would have to get on from tmocause i dont have a spare micro sim

beware...they charge $10 for a sim card. I would just ask a friend that has a GSM carrier first.

casonswag
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
No one in your household has a Sim card you can use? Does the error happen quite often or does it pop up once in a blue? What you can also try is removing the Sim and then inserting it back in. Maybe the Sim tray isn't flush.

sent from my neXus 5
It hapened more frequent on pa rom and vanir but i flashed to stock rom and it happened only once today i took it out blew on it and inside the ports i havent seen a popup yet but im gonna let it sit for a lil and see cause thats when it would usually do it when the phone just sitting there and i unlock it

casonswag
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
beware...they charge $10 for a sim card. I would just ask a friend that has a GSM carrier first.
Wow u serious nvm that then lol i could cut a regular sim and stick it in this right?

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 835
Quote:
Wow u serious nvm that then lol i could cut a regular sim and stick it in this right?

They did in the two stores I went to. (One on vacation in NY and one in CA) Unless you buy a new phone from them, they seem to want to charge you for it. Yeah you could just cut a regular one. Be careful though, you don't want to get it stuck in there.

Worst case: http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/sim-card#close-cart ($.99)