Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,610 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sim Card Required for Sprint?

Tip us?

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1898
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
Yeah i cant let go of my verizon line its unlimited data
Its good to be grandfathered in huh lol

sent from my Hammerhead Nexus

devo3d
Old
Thanks Meter 27
If I have a Nexus 5 that was intended for At&t can I simply put a Sprint LTE Sim in it and activate it on Sprint or do I need a Nexus 5 that was intended for Sprint?

( I really need a 100% sure answer please ASAP )

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1898
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo3d View Post
If I have a Nexus 5 that was intended for At&t can I simply put a Sprint LTE Sim in it and activate it on Sprint or do I need a Nexus 5 that was intended for Sprint?

( I really need a 100% sure answer please ASAP )
You can 100% use a sprint sim to use it on sprint you just put it in and reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to CRIME INC. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

devo3d
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIME INC. View Post
You can 100% use a sprint sim to use it on sprint you just put it in and reboot

Thanks for that info because I had a Sprint person tell me it has to be a "Sprint" Nexus 5.....I'm glad any will work. I already have one for At&t but I want one for Boost now... I have to find one at a good price now..LOL [ if anyone reads this that wants to sell one..PM me ]

noXcape
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Sprint has been told to say its locked....or they don't know much about the nexus 5 yet... Every tech/customer support person I have talked to or chatted with has said its locked..blah blah blah...but its not...there Sim card is the only thing that ties the N5 to sprint

Also 350 for a completely unlocked superphone is insanely cheap...don't buy second hand

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to noXcape For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

devo3d
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by noXcape View Post
Sprint has been told to say its locked....or they don't know much about the nexus 5 yet... Every tech/customer support person I have talked to or chatted with has said its locked..blah blah blah...but its not...there Sim card is the only thing that ties the N5 to sprint

Also 350 for a completely unlocked superphone is insanely cheap...don't buy second hand

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
I kinda figured that...thats why I came here to ask. I can't help buying second hand....lol. I have a new 32gb one on At&t and I just can't afford another new one..every little bit saved helps these days.