Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 39,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Slide2wake kernel drain free

Tip us?

charlieBin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Slide2wake kernel drain free

Hey there,

i like a lot slide2wake and slide2lock, i really think it is a breakthrough feature!
The only way i can enable this feature is through Touch Control.
I've tried different kernels, but only Franco's r32 has been working with Touch Control.
When i enable the mod, the battery drains in half a day,
withouth the mod can last a day and a half.

Is there any kernel who work this mod without the huge drain?
Or is there another configuration different from Touch Control which works better?

I'm on paranoid android beta 4 custom ROM.

Thanks!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9987
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieBin View Post
Hey there,

i like a lot slide2wake and slide2lock, i really think it is a breakthrough feature!
I've tried different kernels, but only Franco's r32 has been working with Touch Control.

Or is there another configuration different from Touch Control which works better?

Thanks!
Many kernels have slide2wake etc. TouchControl is a kernel module but kernels that advertise this feature should not need the module.

You'll have to test them all for yourself. Obviously the digitiser has to be powered to accept touch input when teh screen is off so there will always be SOME drain.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Hey there,

Thanks!
Day and a half of battery is long for me.

I suggest downloading a kernel and tweaking the CPU clock and voltage to achieve more battery life. Chaos kernel comes to mind but I am biased because that is what I run.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551441

charlieBin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Many kernels have slide2wake etc. TouchControl is a kernel module but kernels that advertise this feature should not need the module.

You'll have to test them all for yourself. Obviously the digitiser has to be powered to accept touch input when teh screen is off so there will always be SOME drain.
Some drain is acceptable, driking battery not.

The kernel mod has been implemented (if i am not wrong) to better handle what and where the phone has to be awake than a simple app, i thought it could last better than what happened to me.

Anybody experiencing a better battery lasting with this mod enabled?
Any suggestion on the best kernel to try?
Otherwise i will test them with patience and report here

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9987
Quote:
Some drain is acceptable, driking battery not.

The kernel mod has been implemented (if i am not wrong) to better handle what and where the phone has to be awake than a simple app, i thought it could last better than what happened to me.

Anybody experiencing a better battery lasting with this mod enabled?
Any suggestion on the best kernel to try?
Otherwise i will test them with patience and report here
That is not my understanding. My understanding is it is an external module for custom kernels. However if jernel already has function built in, touchcontrol not necessary. The Kernels specific apps have controls to cover it.

There is no BEST kernel. Read each thread of Kernels to see if it has the feature and test it yourself.

Although if Franco kernel has slide2wake etc built in, you should test that first WITHOUT touch control.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

charlieBin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
That is not my understanding. My understanding is it is an external module for custom kernels. However if jernel already has function built in, touchcontrol not necessary. The Kernels specific apps have controls to cover it.

There is no BEST kernel. Read each thread of Kernels to see if it has the feature and test it yourself.

Although if Franco kernel has slide2wake etc built in, you should test that first WITHOUT touch control.
Will test Franco without touch control as soon as possible! Thanks pal,
i'll report what happens

charlieBin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Will test Franco without touch control as soon as possible! Thanks pal,
i'll report what happens
Okkei, i've been doing my homeworks after rootSu suggestions.

I found a somehow related question about franco's kernel
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2593181

It looks like you need to use a different kernel based on franco to use slide2wake.
So i tried one of the links, the linaro kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47459608

Following the instructions i created the file for the configuration and i have enabled the mod without using the touch control app.
I'll try this kernel and mod for a couple of days to see how it goes, hoping that this will make some difference.

By the way i bought franco's app which is pretty cool to set up a better configuration for any option, audio, screen and performance,
and it also works with linaro.