Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need Slim 3.5 mm Adapter for Spigen Neo Hybrid Case

Tip us?

KedarWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Question [Q] Need Slim 3.5 mm Adapter for Spigen Neo Hybrid Case

Hey,

I bought a Spigen eo Hybrid case for my Nexus 5. I like to use Sennheiser headphones with it for music playback the 90 minute trip on the transit each way to and from work. Trouble is the headphone jack doesn't fit the recessed hole in the case.

I thought I could find a 3.5 to 3.5 slim adapter for them but the only thing after an hour of Googling is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm slim IPhone audio adapter.

Any suggestions on what I can do other then buy a headset?

Peace...

D3_
Old
Thanks Meter 412
Is there any reason the iphone one won't work? It's just a 3.5mm to 3.5mm adapter isn't it? the iPhone part is probably just a name they add to it for marketing purposes.

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3_ View Post
Is there any reason the iphone one won't work? It's just a 3.5mm to 3.5mm adapter isn't it? the iPhone part is probably just a name they add to it for marketing purposes.
True that!

@OP
You can even take a sharp razor and cut a small portion of the case to widen the hole. However, this may lead to some lint accumulation on that area.

vanisleryan
Old
Thanks Meter 107
I've used a razor in the past to shave the headphone plug slimmer to accommodate the smaller hole.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

KedarWolf
Old
(Last edited by KedarWolf; 26th March 2014 at 03:29 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3_ View Post
Is there any reason the iphone one won't work? It's just a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter isn't it? the iPhone part is probably just a name they add to it for marketing purposes.
i bought an IPhone 3.5 to 3.5 slim headphone jack adapter, it does with with my 280 Pro headphones. Just tested it with my headset, mic works as well. So for $2 or so from Amazon and maybe a couple bucks shipping you can use any headphone with any case.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This from www.amazon.ca (I'm in Canuckistan) but they have the same thing on www.amazon.com

Picture of it on my Nexus 7.