Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Slimport

OP Cheetah1024

24th January 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

311 posts
Alright people: I don't know, if this is the right place, but I'll just post here...
So I recieved this last week and tried it out immediately... But: it doesn't work properly. I got it to work for 2 seconds but then the TV always says 'no signal'... I tried it on 2 different TVs but it's the same on both. It also doesn't work on my nexus 7 (2012) stock, rooted and also not on a complete stock nexus 7 (2012). So I want to know, if i need to enable something of if it is a hardware bug and also if anyone else has this problem.

Thanks to u guys who help me

Sent from my Nexus 5
'You'll thank me later'
24th January 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Palermo
Thanks Meter: 597

692 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mmh i don't know personally, but i have at home an MHL cable i want to know if i can mod the cable to work on Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
24th January 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 32

164 posts
More
Mhl is not compatible with any new Nexus devices: it's used by Samsung only so it will work with the Galaxy Nexus.

Slimport adaptors are compatible with Nexus 4, 5 and 7 (2013 only), so its normal that you can't get your 2012 nexus 7 to work.

Instead, it should be perfectly working with a Nexus 5, since no previous configuration is required.
In my case, the first time I connected my N5 to my HDTV via Slimport adaptor it took about ten seconds to see the home screen of my phone, but since then, it has always worked just after connecting it.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

311 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgptheoriginal

Mhl is not compatible with any new Nexus devices: it's used by Samsung only so it will work with the Galaxy Nexus.

Slimport adaptors are compatible with Nexus 4, 5 and 7 (2013 only), so its normal that you can't get your 2012 nexus 7 to work.

Instead, it should be perfectly working with a Nexus 5, since no previous configuration is required.
In my case, the first time I connected my N5 to my HDTV via Slimport adaptor it took about ten seconds to see the home screen of my phone, but since then, it has always worked just after connecting it.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks, I forgot about the nexus 7... :P well, i think i have to try it again, maybe i didn't wait long enough... Again thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5
'You'll thank me later'
24th January 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 39

207 posts
More
I didn't have to wait very long to get an image, it usually takes no more than 2-3 seconds. Maybe the adapter is defective?

Here's a demo showing slimport on a nexus 5:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnR3...e_gdata_player
24th January 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 14

124 posts
I always have an issue when connecting my gf's S4 to her TV via an MHL adapter. I have to make sure the connections are tight and eliminate alot of movement, PITA!

But I guess just give everything a good push, make sure connections are really good and lay it on a flat surface to see if movement is affecting the connection. The adapter your using might be flimsy too
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread