XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slimport

Tip us?

Cheetah1024
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default Slimport

Alright people: I don't know, if this is the right place, but I'll just post here...
So I recieved this last week and tried it out immediately... But: it doesn't work properly. I got it to work for 2 seconds but then the TV always says 'no signal'... I tried it on 2 different TVs but it's the same on both. It also doesn't work on my nexus 7 (2012) stock, rooted and also not on a complete stock nexus 7 (2012). So I want to know, if i need to enable something of if it is a hardware bug and also if anyone else has this problem.

Thanks to u guys who help me

Sent from my Nexus 5
'You'll thank me later'
You are reading my signature...
Suff, whith which I already helped some people:
WinXp Boot- + Shutdownanimation for 720x1280 pixels screens and Music Widget Theme for LG Optimus 4X HD

...I'm hungry!

xator91
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 592

DONATE TO ME
Mmh i don't know personally, but i have at home an MHL cable i want to know if i can mod the cable to work on Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Our Blog:

WithNexus Works on:
°Nexus 5

pgptheoriginal
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Mhl is not compatible with any new Nexus devices: it's used by Samsung only so it will work with the Galaxy Nexus.

Slimport adaptors are compatible with Nexus 4, 5 and 7 (2013 only), so its normal that you can't get your 2012 nexus 7 to work.

Instead, it should be perfectly working with a Nexus 5, since no previous configuration is required.
In my case, the first time I connected my N5 to my HDTV via Slimport adaptor it took about ten seconds to see the home screen of my phone, but since then, it has always worked just after connecting it.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
Google Nexus 5 16GB White - Rooted - Faux123 kernel
HTC Desire HD - taktiK - Android 4.4

Cheetah1024
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgptheoriginal View Post
Mhl is not compatible with any new Nexus devices: it's used by Samsung only so it will work with the Galaxy Nexus.

Slimport adaptors are compatible with Nexus 4, 5 and 7 (2013 only), so its normal that you can't get your 2012 nexus 7 to work.

Instead, it should be perfectly working with a Nexus 5, since no previous configuration is required.
In my case, the first time I connected my N5 to my HDTV via Slimport adaptor it took about ten seconds to see the home screen of my phone, but since then, it has always worked just after connecting it.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
Thanks, I forgot about the nexus 7... :P well, i think i have to try it again, maybe i didn't wait long enough... Again thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5
'You'll thank me later'
You are reading my signature...
Suff, whith which I already helped some people:
WinXp Boot- + Shutdownanimation for 720x1280 pixels screens and Music Widget Theme for LG Optimus 4X HD

...I'm hungry!

daisun
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I didn't have to wait very long to get an image, it usually takes no more than 2-3 seconds. Maybe the adapter is defective?

Here's a demo showing slimport on a nexus 5:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnR3...e_gdata_player

AceKingNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I always have an issue when connecting my gf's S4 to her TV via an MHL adapter. I have to make sure the connections are tight and eliminate alot of movement, PITA!

But I guess just give everything a good push, make sure connections are really good and lay it on a flat surface to see if movement is affecting the connection. The adapter your using might be flimsy too