5,597,007 Members 47,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Slo Mo Video Recording?

Tip us?
 
r7r8
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 38
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mumbai
Question [Q] Slo Mo Video Recording?

Is there any app with which you can do the SloMo video recording like in the iPhone 5S?
Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB (Black) - Stock Android KitKat 4.4
Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman (Black) - Unofficial CM10 from FreeXperia Jellybean 4.1.2
 
g2uzer
Old
#2  
g2uzer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 922
Join Date: May 2011
Don't Believe So,,
Correct me if I'm wrong but
There is apps that let you Playback in slow motion ,

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
 
roydondsa
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2013
Cool same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by r7r8 View Post
Is there any app with which you can do the SloMo video recording like in the iPhone 5S?
i am also waiting for someone to code a slow Mo camera like the 5s
 
BigJeff
Old
#4  
BigJeff's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 796
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Stanwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by roydondsa View Post
i am also waiting for someone to code a slow Mo camera like the 5s
It won't happen, 5s has special coprocessor in it so you won't see anything nearly as good for N5.
 
chrisch91
Old
#5  
chrisch91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 190
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreygtab View Post
It won't happen, 5s has special coprocessor in it so you won't see anything nearly as good for N5.
Htc one has also a slo mo function, so i think if the processor is fast enogh and the cam takes enogh pics it will work. And i think also the n5 could do it.
 
g2uzer
Old
#6  
g2uzer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 922
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisch91 View Post
Htc one has also a slo mo function, so i think if the processor is fast enogh and the cam takes enogh pics it will work. And i think also the n5 could do it.
Believe the note 3 does as well. Hopefully we get a working app soon .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
 
r7r8
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 38
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisch91 View Post
Htc one has also a slo mo function, so i think if the processor is fast enogh and the cam takes enogh pics it will work. And i think also the n5 could do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2uzer View Post
Believe the note 3 does as well. Hopefully we get a working app soon .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Yeah! I guess the N5 will also be capable! We'll have to wait for an app then i guess!
Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB (Black) - Stock Android KitKat 4.4
Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman (Black) - Unofficial CM10 from FreeXperia Jellybean 4.1.2
 
BigJeff
Old
#8  
BigJeff's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 796
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Stanwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by r7r8 View Post
Yeah! I guess the N5 will also be capable! We'll have to wait for an app then i guess!
From what I know, the iphone 5s records at 120fps, this is all possible because of a hardware combination of the camera, and their in house processor has a dedicated chip for this. It's the only phone that does this, the HTC One does this, but only at about 1/2 the frames. So I stand by my word. The N5 will not see comparable slow-mo to the iphone or likely even the HTC One. Source http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/17/iphone-5s-review/
 
Neo-Nemesis
Old
#9  
Neo-Nemesis's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 24
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lyon
The Xiaomi MI2 have a 90fps option without co-processor FYI

So I think the N5 can take at least 90 fps without any problems
 
Hobbesfed
Old
#10  
Hobbesfed's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 226
Join Date: Jul 2012
Comparison of 5s slow motion video with Note 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBXbgFeEYHo

G2 also has slow mo, to an extent. Don't see why we can't get it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crT0AmZWiUk
CLICK THANKS IF I HELPED YA OUT PAL!!!!

Android Rules.


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes