Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Slow widgets after Root ???

OP XDAPJones

5th February 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
The widgets were running perfectly when the Nexus 5 was stock (unrooted, locked, stock rom). As soon as I unlocked, rooted but stock rom still, the widgets were slow to load -- 30 seconds. I then insalled DroidKang, and still -- Widgets are slow to load;

I did not, however, check if putting in ART runtime has anything to do with it (it could as I did this after unrooting my phone.)

Anybody has ideas ?
5th February 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,920

11,222 posts
How did you root, what method?
5th February 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

How did you root, what method?

I bleive it was CF Auto Root.

I am not the only one having this issue, as I have met others on other forurms; but yet to have an answer. Do you beleive different rooting methods incur different outcomes ?
5th February 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #4  
Flag Carson,CA
Thanks Meter: 32

440 posts
More
There is already a thread on this issue...no solution so far http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526607

I'm curious as to why it occurs, but it isn't a major problem. Don't reboot often. =]
Last edited by nsxla; 5th February 2014 at 12:50 AM.
5th February 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN

11,222 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAPJones

I bleive it was CF Auto Root.

I am not the only one having this issue, as I have met others on other forurms; but yet to have an answer. Do you beleive different rooting methods incur different outcomes ?

Just a general observation, but I've seen a fair amount of issues with people using cf auto root. I'd return to stock and then re-root using
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47156064
5th February 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159

511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Just a general observation, but I've seen a fair amount of issues with people using cf auto root. I'd return to stock and then re-root using
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47156064

Me too. Although, I don't think this particular issue is linked to that toolkit. I do everything manually using the guides posted in these forums because I'm just anal and like to know exactly what's going on during each process. Plus, it never hurts to learn. That being said, I have the same issue and I'm stock rooted (also using Xposed + Gravity Box). I do notice this delay in widget loading, but only sometimes. It's pretty inconsistent. I thought it may have been linked to Lightflow, because when I would notice it taking longer, as soon I got the message saying "superuser granted to Lightflow" during startup, all the widgets would finally load. It may be linked to superuser, but what do I know. It doesn't really bother me. I can wait the extra 10-15 seconds for everything to boot up properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to charesa39 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
exact ecnoyst
I understand, I too can be patient; but doesn't that defy the sole purpose of having a nexus 5 -- the fastest phone, to only wait 30 seconds more at boot...?
5th February 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
I have unrooted, locked and back to factory, and widgets still seem slow........?!!! But this time it might be because of the missing gapps... I seem to have forgotten to reinstall gapps, I didn't see that step in the Post you have linked to...
5th February 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN

11,222 posts
Quote:

I have unrooted, locked and back to factory, and widgets still seem slow........?!!! But this time it might be because of the missing gapps... I seem to have forgotten to reinstall gapps, I didn't see that step in the Post you have linked to...

You don't install gapps. That's only for some custom roms
5th February 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #10  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 199

814 posts
More
Quote:

Sometimes ROM developers do not include the basic google apps in ROM's so you flash a Gapps package to obtain those apps or some basics of those apps that you do not want. The Gapps are found here for future reference. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942

My widgets take a second to load when I start my phone but that is to be expected you can't expect it to load instantly, this phone is not a super computer. Is waiting 30 seconds going to kill you?

You made this exact post in a thread two days ago http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526607

but yesterday you started a new thread because nobody answered.
Last edited by mistahseller; 5th February 2014 at 06:46 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread