Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Slow widgets after Root ???

Tip us?

XDAPJones
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Slow widgets after Root ???

The widgets were running perfectly when the Nexus 5 was stock (unrooted, locked, stock rom). As soon as I unlocked, rooted but stock rom still, the widgets were slow to load -- 30 seconds. I then insalled DroidKang, and still -- Widgets are slow to load;

I did not, however, check if putting in ART runtime has anything to do with it (it could as I did this after unrooting my phone.)

Anybody has ideas ?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3051
How did you root, what method?

XDAPJones
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
How did you root, what method?
I bleive it was CF Auto Root.

I am not the only one having this issue, as I have met others on other forurms; but yet to have an answer. Do you beleive different rooting methods incur different outcomes ?

nsxla
Old
(Last edited by nsxla; 4th February 2014 at 11:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32
There is already a thread on this issue...no solution so far http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526607

I'm curious as to why it occurs, but it isn't a major problem. Don't reboot often. =]
Stock rooted - 4.4.2 - Radio 4.4 - TWRP

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3051
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAPJones View Post
I bleive it was CF Auto Root.

I am not the only one having this issue, as I have met others on other forurms; but yet to have an answer. Do you beleive different rooting methods incur different outcomes ?
Just a general observation, but I've seen a fair amount of issues with people using cf auto root. I'd return to stock and then re-root using
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47156064

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Just a general observation, but I've seen a fair amount of issues with people using cf auto root. I'd return to stock and then re-root using
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47156064
Me too. Although, I don't think this particular issue is linked to that toolkit. I do everything manually using the guides posted in these forums because I'm just anal and like to know exactly what's going on during each process. Plus, it never hurts to learn. That being said, I have the same issue and I'm stock rooted (also using Xposed + Gravity Box). I do notice this delay in widget loading, but only sometimes. It's pretty inconsistent. I thought it may have been linked to Lightflow, because when I would notice it taking longer, as soon I got the message saying "superuser granted to Lightflow" during startup, all the widgets would finally load. It may be linked to superuser, but what do I know. It doesn't really bother me. I can wait the extra 10-15 seconds for everything to boot up properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to charesa39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XDAPJones
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default exact ecnoyst

I understand, I too can be patient; but doesn't that defy the sole purpose of having a nexus 5 -- the fastest phone, to only wait 30 seconds more at boot...?

XDAPJones
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have unrooted, locked and back to factory, and widgets still seem slow........?!!! But this time it might be because of the missing gapps... I seem to have forgotten to reinstall gapps, I didn't see that step in the Post you have linked to...

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3051
Quote:
I have unrooted, locked and back to factory, and widgets still seem slow........?!!! But this time it might be because of the missing gapps... I seem to have forgotten to reinstall gapps, I didn't see that step in the Post you have linked to...
You don't install gapps. That's only for some custom roms

mistahseller
Old
(Last edited by mistahseller; 5th February 2014 at 05:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Sometimes ROM developers do not include the basic google apps in ROM's so you flash a Gapps package to obtain those apps or some basics of those apps that you do not want. The Gapps are found here for future reference. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942

My widgets take a second to load when I start my phone but that is to be expected you can't expect it to load instantly, this phone is not a super computer. Is waiting 30 seconds going to kill you?

You made this exact post in a thread two days ago http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526607

but yesterday you started a new thread because nobody answered.