Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 51,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Slow widgets after Root ???

Tip us?

XDAPJones
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Obviously, 30 seconds will not kill me. I doubt the pertinence of such question. At the same time, I doubt the pertinence of your presence on this forum.

30 seconds is 25 seconds more than stock. Therefore, there is a problem. Therefore I post here. Therefore I am awaiting smart and constructive advice.

I have put back to stock, and it was OK. I then rooted, unlocked, and still OK. I then installed DroidKang, and immediately the widgets slowed down to 30 seconds again....

Thanks for anybody with pertinent info !

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAPJones View Post
Obviously, 30 seconds will not kill me. I doubt the pertinence of such question. At the same time, I doubt the pertinence of your presence on this forum.

30 seconds is 25 seconds more than stock. Therefore, there is a problem. Therefore I post here. Therefore I am awaiting smart and constructive advice.

I have put back to stock, and it was OK. I then rooted, unlocked, and still OK. I then installed DroidKang, and immediately the widgets slowed down to 30 seconds again....

Thanks for anybody with pertinent info !
Unless I'm missing something you answered your own question. It's the rom. Check the rom thread to see if others are having similar issues

XDAPJones
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
SO FINALLY (!!!) I found out that the problem was (or partly caused by...) The Nova Launcher !! At first boot after install was fine. Then I would restore all my apps, and then this problem would arise. I tested and tested and tested and tested and finally realized that Nova was the problem. Once it was installed, I was doomed. Even after uninstall it would still have the problem. So, I use Apex Launcher now (wow!) and dont install Nova, and its fine