Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 46,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slow WiFi speed?

Tip us?

z3phyr02
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Slow WiFi speed?

Hi all.
Since the n4, I've had really slow speeds on WiFi. It would be fast at first and would slow back back down after a while. I always thought it was my router not compatible with the phone or something and just learned to live with it. I've been on cataclysm and Franco since n4

A few days ago I decided to install multirom and give stock ROM and kernel a try with xposed and gravity box. Since then I've noticed my WiFi speed has increased dramatically and stayed that way.

So now I'm wondering what's the problem? I don't wanna question Franco cos I've noticed he's repeatedly said he dont touch WiFi drivers or anything like that. So is it the ROM? Or the radio? Or something else

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
x102x96x Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr02 View Post
Hi all.
Since the n4, I've had really slow speeds on WiFi. It would be fast at first and would slow back back down after a while. I always thought it was my router not compatible with the phone or something and just learned to live with it. I've been on cataclysm and Franco since n4

A few days ago I decided to install multirom and give stock ROM and kernel a try with xposed and gravity box. Since then I've noticed my WiFi speed has increased dramatically and stayed that way.

So now I'm wondering what's the problem? I don't wanna question Franco cos I've noticed he's repeatedly said he dont touch WiFi drivers or anything like that. So is it the ROM? Or the radio? Or something else

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
that might be because of previous rom and kernel.
however compatibility with router and etc are important but almost of time it s bug in phone kernels.