Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 37,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: SmartBar from Flyme OS is...
A kickass 3 100.00%
Crappy 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] SmartBar from Flyme 3.0

Tip us?

amus76
Old
(Last edited by amus76; 15th April 2014 at 12:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default [Q] SmartBar from Flyme 3.0

Hi all,

Let's talk about Flyme OS's SmartBar insteed of the stock buttons

IMO it's a great feature that Android stock must have for 2 reasons:

-> It's a major evolution for Android since a loooong time
-> Fixed buttons are quite big and uggly: The SmartBar is soooo smart, for example in the music player, all the buttons for playing II, RWD <<, FWD >> are in the SmartBar, so you have more space in the screen for a lot of stuff insteed of these 3 biiiiiiig buttons plus the control for music

I know that some port are available, but Flyme OS is crappy globally and it's not the latest version of Android

So what do you think?
Do you think it's possible to port this feature as a module for Xposed for example?

Sent from my toilet using my Nexus 5 32GB

Ericsson A2618 > Nokia 3310 > Motorola V3 > SonyEricsson W595s 8GB > SonyEricsson Xperia X10i 8GB + 8GB SDCard > Samsung Galaxy SII 16GB + 16 GB SDCard > LG Google Nexus 4 16GB > LG Google Nexus 5 32GB
Donut(1.6) > Eclair(2.1) > Froyo(2.2) > Gingerbread(2.3) > Ice Cream Sandwich(4.0) > Jellybean(4.1, 4.2, 4.3) > KitKat(4.4)

At the moment: CyanogenMod 11 M5 + Xposed Framework (Tinted Status Bar + GravityBox)

pikachukaki
Old
Thanks Meter 2,518

DONATE TO ME
Yeah its good but as i see meizu has a home button so they didnt need to have home and back key on screen for you to be able to go to launcher or back....but yeah it will be great for google to make the navbar more interactive..
The Following User Says Thank You to pikachukaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amus76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachukaki View Post
Yeah its good but as i see meizu has a home button so they didnt need to have home and back key on screen for you to be able to go to launcher or back....but yeah it will be great for google to make the navbar more interactive..
That's the point: the SmartBar has to keep a back button or a home button, and yes I want the navbar to be more interactive and smart (the back button is still there in the SmartBar as you see)

Ericsson A2618 > Nokia 3310 > Motorola V3 > SonyEricsson W595s 8GB > SonyEricsson Xperia X10i 8GB + 8GB SDCard > Samsung Galaxy SII 16GB + 16 GB SDCard > LG Google Nexus 4 16GB > LG Google Nexus 5 32GB
Donut(1.6) > Eclair(2.1) > Froyo(2.2) > Gingerbread(2.3) > Ice Cream Sandwich(4.0) > Jellybean(4.1, 4.2, 4.3) > KitKat(4.4)

At the moment: CyanogenMod 11 M5 + Xposed Framework (Tinted Status Bar + GravityBox)

pikachukaki
Old
Thanks Meter 2,518

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by amus76 View Post
That's the point: the SmartBar has to keep a back button or a home button, and yes I want the navbar to be more interactive and smart (the back button is still there in the SmartBar as you see)
back only but think about it...we will have back,home,recents and then rewind,pause,play,forward,stop....count it! :P its nice but not easy imo!!

amus76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachukaki View Post
back only but think about it...we will have back,home,recents and then rewind,pause,play,forward,stop....count it! :P its nice but not easy imo!!
No only the home button or the back button in the app plus buttons from the app, and then when you go back to the launcher: the search button and recent apps for example
Or with a long press on back button you go back to home (or recent app panel) when using an app, so you need the home or the back button only

sxeMonster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
well yeah, the idea itself is cool, but I don't really see any possible senario for it to be brought to life
Tags
android, flyme, future, meizu, smartbar