Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: SmartBar from Flyme OS is...
A kickass 3 100.00%
Crappy 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] SmartBar from Flyme 3.0

OP amus76

15th April 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eivissa
Thanks Meter: 28

238 posts
More
Hi all,

Let's talk about Flyme OS's SmartBar insteed of the stock buttons

IMO it's a great feature that Android stock must have for 2 reasons:

-> It's a major evolution for Android since a loooong time
-> Fixed buttons are quite big and uggly: The SmartBar is soooo smart, for example in the music player, all the buttons for playing II, RWD <<, FWD >> are in the SmartBar, so you have more space in the screen for a lot of stuff insteed of these 3 biiiiiiig buttons plus the control for music

I know that some port are available, but Flyme OS is crappy globally and it's not the latest version of Android

So what do you think?
Do you think it's possible to port this feature as a module for Xposed for example?

Last edited by amus76; 15th April 2014 at 01:33 AM.
15th April 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #2  
Flag Thessaloníki, Greece
Thanks Meter: 2,535

4,089 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah its good but as i see meizu has a home button so they didnt need to have home and back key on screen for you to be able to go to launcher or back....but yeah it will be great for google to make the navbar more interactive..
The Following User Says Thank You to pikachukaki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eivissa

238 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachukaki

Yeah its good but as i see meizu has a home button so they didnt need to have home and back key on screen for you to be able to go to launcher or back....but yeah it will be great for google to make the navbar more interactive..

That's the point: the SmartBar has to keep a back button or a home button, and yes I want the navbar to be more interactive and smart (the back button is still there in the SmartBar as you see)
15th April 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #4  
Flag Thessaloníki, Greece
Thanks Meter: 2,535

4,089 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amus76

That's the point: the SmartBar has to keep a back button or a home button, and yes I want the navbar to be more interactive and smart (the back button is still there in the SmartBar as you see)

back only but think about it...we will have back,home,recents and then rewind,pause,play,forward,stop....count it! :P its nice but not easy imo!!
15th April 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eivissa

238 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachukaki

back only but think about it...we will have back,home,recents and then rewind,pause,play,forward,stop....count it! :P its nice but not easy imo!!

No only the home button or the back button in the app plus buttons from the app, and then when you go back to the launcher: the search button and recent apps for example
Or with a long press on back button you go back to home (or recent app panel) when using an app, so you need the home or the back button only
25th July 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
well yeah, the idea itself is cool, but I don't really see any possible senario for it to be brought to life
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, flyme, future, meizu, smartbar
Previous Thread Next Thread