Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,756 Members 50,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS Issue Unlike any Other! PLEASE HELP!

Tip us?

somanshmittal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Tutorial SMS Issue Unlike any Other! PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

I moved on to CM11 M7 from stock 4.4.3 on my Nexus 5. My phone is now unable to send any text messages whatsoever! The SMSC Number in the service menu entered by dialing *#*#*4636#*#* is updated as: "+919810051914",145 (yes, with the quotes and the comma!). I am on Airtel network in India and the SMSC number for my network is +919810051914 only, I don't know the meaning of the quotes or the comma and the 145 at the end of the number. When I'm trying to update the 16 digit hex code for this number, I am constantly getting an 'update error' message. I have tried installing Go SMS and changing the SMSC number there but to no avail.

Also, when I tap on the menu button on the top right hand corner and click on 'Select radio band', I am getting the following options:

Automatic
USA Band (GSM-850/PCS-1900/WCDMA-850/WCDMA-PCS-1900)
USA Band (GSM-850/PCS-1900/WCDMA-850/WCDMA-PCS-1900)
JAPAN Band (WCDMA-800/WCDMA-IMT-2000)

None of the above match the frequencies used in India, could this be causing an issue?

Also, when I select 'WCDMA Preferred' from the drop down list under 'Set preferred network type:', it automatically changes to 'LTE/GSM auto (PRL)', why does it do that? Could this be causing a problem for me?

All this started after I flashed CM11 and previously PA 4.4 RC2. When I had first flashed PA, my phone did not have any network service at all and I had to manually flash the M897A radio, I don't know why that happened either!

Please help me out guys!

somanshmittal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Just checked a friend's Nexus 5, it has the SMSC number entered in the same format and the 'Set preferred network type:' also has 'LTE/GSM auto (PRL)' just like my phone, however, his phone has only 'USA Band' as option under the 'Select radio band' option and he can send texts without any issues. Any help on this would be highly appreciated!