Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,337 Members 38,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS lag ? Please help

Tip us?

Royalfan29
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SMS lag ? Please help

Hey good afternoon guys.

So basically I downloaded 8sms and personally I like it better than hangouts because its theme nice with the custom ROM (pa4.5 b4 with blink theme)

With hangouts, everything was smooth and fast. With 8sms, it works fine but every time I Click a new text message, the screen goes white for half a second ( or less) then goes into the message. It kind of annoys me a bit since hangout didn't have the blank screen. I try adjusting my animation speed and didn't help. Could it be the app it self ? I have elementalx kernel with pureperformance x mod installed. The phone itself is pretty darn quick. Can any help me out trying to figure out smooth transitions for 8sms ? Thanks for you time!

E

Royalfan29
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone ?

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,233

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalfan29 View Post
Hey good afternoon guys.

So basically I downloaded 8sms and personally I like it better than hangouts because its theme nice with the custom ROM (pa4.5 b4 with blink theme)

With hangouts, everything was smooth and fast. With 8sms, it works fine but every time I Click a new text message, the screen goes white for half a second ( or less) then goes into the message. It kind of annoys me a bit since hangout didn't have the blank screen. I try adjusting my animation speed and didn't help. Could it be the app it self ? I have elementalx kernel with pureperformance x mod installed. The phone itself is pretty darn quick. Can any help me out trying to figure out smooth transitions for 8sms ? Thanks for you time!

E
First off, PPX is pointless on the N5 so you should uninstall it IMHO.
I never used 8sms but I never had such issue with other 3rd party apps. Try EvolveSMS, Hello,... If all works fine your issue comes from 8sms.
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,637
Its probably just the app itself. Nothing to do with texts themselves.

ふかつどう
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.