5,598,980 Members 31,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SMS notification only working when i unlock my screen.

Tip us?

larry_walker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] SMS notification only working when i unlock my screen.

i get no notification LED or sound when i receive a message. but, when i unlock my phone, instantly the LED and sound go off, and in the message in hangouts it will show how long before the message was actually sent (eg. 6 mins ago). i'm running 4.4.2 stock/rooted. seems like a new problem since the update from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2, and the only other thing i can think of that changed was i installed xposed framework and a couple modules that didn't have anything to do with notifications, then i uninstalled everything when i realized it wasn't going to be able to do what i thought. any thoughts?

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_walker View Post
i get no notification LED or sound when i receive a message. but, when i unlock my phone, instantly the LED and sound go off, and in the message in hangouts it will show how long before the message was actually sent (eg. 6 mins ago). i'm running 4.4.2 stock/rooted. seems like a new problem since the update from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2, and the only other thing i can think of that changed was i installed xposed framework and a couple modules that didn't have anything to do with notifications, then i uninstalled everything when i realized it wasn't going to be able to do what i thought. any thoughts?
Have any battery saving apps installed? Like Juice Defender?

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

larry_walker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
Have any battery saving apps installed? Like Juice Defender?
nope. i did just install airdroid recently though. could that be affecting this somehow?