Soft/Hard Bricked N5 For No Reason

Search This thread

maxtreme

Jun 2, 2014
Hi,
this is my first topic and post so don't blame ;) . On last Friday (05.31.2014) I was at school but it was free day so i was enjoying my 1 month old N5. I was using Elix-R rom with kernel included in this ROM. When I was sitting on Google Play my phone did soft reboot but bootanimation was ''scratching'' and bugging. I had decided to do a restore but i was done in 14 second so i knew something went wrong. When I tried to reboot my phone was stuck on google logo and it was rebooting to the same state over and over again (after about 10 seconds). When I came home i tried to flash stock rom's images but i got the same result. oh, and I forgot. When i was restoring, TWRP boot again but it was still restoring. I had some CM zips so i flashed them but it didnt help either. After flashing stock i had tried to access stock recovery but i got same result as before(Google logo). Some time ago I read about temporary booting recovery so i tried it but i didn't help. On Saturday I boot up phone again and i saw stock rom's bootanimation ''scratching'' and loading again as before after ''soft reboot'' on Friday. Now I've locked and re-unlocked bootloader again but i forgot about typing ''fastboot reboot'' in cmd. I've just clicked Power button on N5 and small android with loading bar appeared but after several seconds it stopped and booted again. I accessed the bootloader again and flashed stock images. Then locked/unlocked again and my phone is not booting and i cant access any recovery.

I really dont know what to do. I haven't modified my kernel or something. I haven't done anything bad - I was just surfing the internet and downloading apps from GP. I hope you'll understand all because I'm sure my English is not good enough. Thank you guys for help already ;)

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi,
this is my first topic and post so don't blame ;) . On last Friday (05.31.2014) I was at school but it was free day so i was enjoying my 1 month old N5. I was using Elix-R rom with kernel included in this ROM. When I was sitting on Google Play my phone did soft reboot but bootanimation was ''scratching'' and bugging. I had decided to do a restore but i was done in 14 second so i knew something went wrong. When I tried to reboot my phone was stuck on google logo and it was rebooting to the same state over and over again (after about 10 seconds). When I came home i tried to flash stock rom's images but i got the same result. oh, and I forgot. When i was restoring, TWRP boot again but it was still restoring. I had some CM zips so i flashed them but it didnt help either. After flashing stock i had tried to access stock recovery but i got same result as before(Google logo). Some time ago I read about temporary booting recovery so i tried it but i didn't help. On Saturday I boot up phone again and i saw stock rom's bootanimation ''scratching'' and loading again as before after ''soft reboot'' on Friday. Now I've locked and re-unlocked bootloader again but i forgot about typing ''fastboot reboot'' in cmd. I've just clicked Power button on N5 and small android with loading bar appeared but after several seconds it stopped and booted again. I accessed the bootloader again and flashed stock images. Then locked/unlocked again and my phone is not booting and i cant access any recovery.

I really dont know what to do. I haven't modified my kernel or something. I haven't done anything bad - I was just surfing the internet and downloading apps from GP. I hope you'll understand all because I'm sure my English is not good enough. Thank you guys for help already ;)
Did you try to wipe in recovery, maybe that gives some more info about what went crazy

maxtreme

Jun 2, 2014
try to press power button for some minutes.. it should boot to google logo ... try this and see if Your phone is not bricked

edit: or see here

phone boots normally but then it starts bootlooping with google logo. i've tried also Dead_Nexus5 but it didnt help either. Im losing hope ;(