5,598,908 Members 30,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] [Q] No Hangout Notifications

Tip us?

BulletproofIdeal
Old
(Last edited by BulletproofIdeal; 9th December 2013 at 07:36 PM.) Reason: New info
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Question [SOLVED] [Q] No Hangout Notifications

Solution:
Deleted Google account from my phone and re-added it. Hangouts seem to work now

Bit of a weird issue, wondering if anyone has some thoughts. I don't receive notifications from a Hangout, SMS notifications work fine from the Hangouts app though. I've checked the usual sources; I'm not reading the notifications on another machine, and I have notifications enabled in the settings. I also don't seem to be syncing properly, as in the Hangout messages I receive take a long time to show up even when I have a strong network connection. Any thoughts on what this might be?

I'm on the CM 11 M1 snapshot.

EDIT
So looking around it seems the Google account associated with the Hangouts is reporting a sync error however when I go to see what the error is no Google component has an error.How would I go about logging the account syncing, the log might have the info there
The Following User Says Thank You to BulletproofIdeal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shotta35
Old
Thanks Meter 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletproofIdeal View Post
Bit of a weird issue, wondering if anyone has some thoughts. I don't receive notifications from a Hangout, SMS notifications work fine from the Hangouts app though. I've checked the usual sources; I'm not reading the notifications on another machine, and I have notifications enabled in the settings. I also don't seem to be syncing properly, as in the Hangout messages I receive take a long time to show up even when I have a strong network connection. Any thoughts on what this might be?

Does this happen over wifi as well as 3G/4G?

BulletproofIdeal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotta35 View Post
Does this happen over wifi as well as 3G/4G?
Yup, network type does not matter.

rice-CHRISpies
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletproofIdeal View Post

I had this exact same problems for the past couple days:
- not being able to receive Hangout messages
- SMS worked fine from Hangout app
- sending Hangout messages were ok
- sync errors in APP DATA

I tried everything from logging on/off from other devices, and logging on/off from the Nex5 and rebooting several times. None of this worked. Last night, I completely deleted my google account on the Nex5 and relogged in. That did the trick. But I'm still experiencing sync error under APP DATA.
The Following User Says Thank You to rice-CHRISpies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BulletproofIdeal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice-CHRISpies View Post
I had this exact same problems for the past couple days:
- not being able to receive Hangout messages
- SMS worked fine from Hangout app
- sending Hangout messages were ok
- sync errors in APP DATA

I tried everything from logging on/off from other devices, and logging on/off from the Nex5 and rebooting several times. None of this worked. Last night, I completely deleted my google account on the Nex5 and relogged in. That did the trick. But I'm still experiencing sync error under APP DATA.
This seemed to work, thanks man
Tags
hangouts notification