5,596,179 Members 34,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Speaker Output Issue...

Tip us?

Tonster1983
Old
(Last edited by Tonster1983; 18th December 2013 at 12:41 AM.) Reason: add more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Speaker Output Issue...

My Nexus 5 is acting like there are headphones connected when they are not...I have not installed any new programs and the speaker was working fine earlier today. When I power down and reboot, I can play music through my speaker, but after about 15 seconds it acts as if headphones are connected again and goes silent..gives the "audio warning" when you press the volume rocker up...sound works through headphones when connected. Anyone have any thoughts? This all started with the 4.4.2 update...first weird thing happening is my wallpaper randomly changing on its own..daydream is not enabled. Thanks on advance guys for your thoughts!! I'm clueless as to the fix... Should also mention, I'm rooted and unlocked boot loader. I've had the 4.4.2 update since the day it hit OTA and haven't had any audio issue until now...the wallpaper changing itself has occurred for a few days now though. The speaker does work, just not sure why it keeps thinking a pair of headphones is connected...

Tonster1983
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
UPDATE : While waiting for a reply to this issue...my wallpaper has changed again, and now sound has returned?? Wth... Stock Google Experience Launcher...maybe I need to clear settings and see if that helps..

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Someone with Bluetooth headphones playing a trick on you maybe? More then likely its some app u have installed causing an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32