Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,132 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Should I buy the next nexus or the Oneplus One?

Tip us?

Machlev
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Should I buy the next nexus or the Oneplus One?

Hey,

Around July i will have enough budget to buy a new smartphone.

I've been looking at the Oneplus One and I liked it, but I don't know if i should wait to the next fall to buy the next nexus phone (if there is one).

What should I do?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

doomed151
Old
Thanks Meter 2067
Either should be fine. The most important thing is to wait for reviews before buying any of them.
If I don't reply to your PM, it simply means that I've nothing useful to say.

prsterero
Old
Thanks Meter 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomed151 View Post
Either should be fine. The most important thing is to wait for reviews before buying any of them.
Unless you win the smash contest and can buy the one plus for $1 :P

prshosting.org
The Following User Says Thank You to prsterero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muyoso
Old
Thanks Meter 494
The next nexus will most likely have a faster processor and wireless charging. If that is important to you then I would wait. Also, I wouldn't put an ounce of faith in Cyanogenmod giving timely updates to the software of the phone. I would be very surprised if they were able to get an update out 6 months after the next version of android is released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hello00
Old
Thanks Meter 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
The next nexus will most likely have a faster processor and wireless charging. If that is important to you then I would wait. Also, I wouldn't put an ounce of faith in Cyanogenmod giving timely updates to the software of the phone. I would be very surprised if they were able to get an update out 6 months after the next version of android is released.

they said they will give updates for 2 years
-Black&Cyan for ICS 4.0.4, JB 4.1.1 and CM10 AOSP Theme Apps, -Blacked Out Gapps, Custom Batt% & Icons
-HTC Sense Camera for HTC One m7 Google Edition Roms 4.2.2 Click Here
-★ [THEMED] Kitkat 4.4 Mms.apk Dark Holo & More ★Here
★ ★ UCCW Clocks by me Click here ★ ★

FuMMoD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post

CM builds from AOSP source. They'll have whatever Google updates in just mere hours up to 2 days. CM11 kitkat was out so fast after it was released. Just cause they didn't decide to make a thread on xda right off the bat doesn't mean it wasn't out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

raptir
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Well, it depends on how they plan on updating it. Are they going to build the nightlies directly for the OnePlus One? Or only release "stable" milestones? Since the site says that it is a customized version of CM you may not get those customized features in nightlies if they are released.

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptir View Post
Well, it depends on how they plan on updating it. Are they going to build the nightlies directly for the OnePlus One? Or only release "stable" milestones? Since the site says that it is a customized version of CM you may not get those customized features in nightlies if they are released.

I am sure they will allow you to unlock the phone and flash the CM nightlies if you want same with the nexus. If they were smart, they would know people like us would do that considering that seems to be the market in my opinion. It probably won't have the customized features but I am sure ROM developers will jump on it, especially with all of the CM ROMs floating around.

To the OP: It won't be availble for sometime, you have to be invited to buy it or join the smash deal. But if both phones were available I would definitely get the oneplusone (I was sold on the JBL stereo speakers).

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1558
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello00 View Post
they said they will give updates for 2 years
Nightlies? Lol

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10015
They're not going to release nightlies officially.

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe