FORUMS

Should I buy the next nexus or the Oneplus One?

34 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Machlev, Member on 25th April 2014, 01:31 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey,

Around July i will have enough budget to buy a new smartphone.

I've been looking at the Oneplus One and I liked it, but I don't know if i should wait to the next fall to buy the next nexus phone (if there is one).

What should I do?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
 
 
25th April 2014, 01:37 PM |#2  
doomed151's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,090
 
More
Either should be fine. The most important thing is to wait for reviews before buying any of them.
25th April 2014, 01:38 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 660
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomed151

Either should be fine. The most important thing is to wait for reviews before buying any of them.

Unless you win the smash contest and can buy the one plus for $1 :P

prshosting.org
The Following User Says Thank You to prsterero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 01:58 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 501
 
More
The next nexus will most likely have a faster processor and wireless charging. If that is important to you then I would wait. Also, I wouldn't put an ounce of faith in Cyanogenmod giving timely updates to the software of the phone. I would be very surprised if they were able to get an update out 6 months after the next version of android is released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
25th April 2014, 02:41 PM |#5  
hello00's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,812
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso

The next nexus will most likely have a faster processor and wireless charging. If that is important to you then I would wait. Also, I wouldn't put an ounce of faith in Cyanogenmod giving timely updates to the software of the phone. I would be very surprised if they were able to get an update out 6 months after the next version of android is released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

they said they will give updates for 2 years
25th April 2014, 02:58 PM |#6  
FuMMoD's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,638
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso

The next nexus will most likely have a faster processor and wireless charging. If that is important to you then I would wait. Also, I wouldn't put an ounce of faith in Cyanogenmod giving timely updates to the software of the phone. I would be very surprised if they were able to get an update out 6 months after the next version of android is released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CM builds from AOSP source. They'll have whatever Google updates in just mere hours up to 2 days. CM11 kitkat was out so fast after it was released. Just cause they didn't decide to make a thread on xda right off the bat doesn't mean it wasn't out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
25th April 2014, 03:24 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 219
 
More
Well, it depends on how they plan on updating it. Are they going to build the nightlies directly for the OnePlus One? Or only release "stable" milestones? Since the site says that it is a customized version of CM you may not get those customized features in nightlies if they are released.
25th April 2014, 04:49 PM |#8  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptir

Well, it depends on how they plan on updating it. Are they going to build the nightlies directly for the OnePlus One? Or only release "stable" milestones? Since the site says that it is a customized version of CM you may not get those customized features in nightlies if they are released.


I am sure they will allow you to unlock the phone and flash the CM nightlies if you want same with the nexus. If they were smart, they would know people like us would do that considering that seems to be the market in my opinion. It probably won't have the customized features but I am sure ROM developers will jump on it, especially with all of the CM ROMs floating around.

To the OP: It won't be availble for sometime, you have to be invited to buy it or join the smash deal. But if both phones were available I would definitely get the oneplusone (I was sold on the JBL stereo speakers).
25th April 2014, 05:46 PM |#9  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,636
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello00

they said they will give updates for 2 years

Nightlies? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
25th April 2014, 05:54 PM |#10  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,821
 
More
They're not going to release nightlies officially.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
25th April 2014, 06:30 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 219
 
More
Well, a more serious answer, we have no idea what the Nexus 5 2 is going to be like so it's very hard to say what will be better.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes