XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Spoilers from Google Now

Tip us?

PsychDrummer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default Spoilers from Google Now

So, I'm not really sure if this would be right forum to post about this. I suppose since N5 has the most Google Now integration it could be. Regardless, feel free to move this if it's not in the right place. Anyway, I'm actually getting a little frustrated by Google Now in the sense that it's spoiling shows. I normally watch shows online the following day after they air, and Google Now gives me news about the most recent episode which often spoils the episode...just figured I see who else noticed this.

Scotty_Two
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Turn off TV updates.
l l

A little nonSense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
- Willy Wonka
The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty_Two For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PsychDrummer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty_Two View Post
Turn off TV updates.
Yeah I should probably do that. They're not really useful anyway except when they tell me that one of my shows is on that night. I usually know anyway.

Edit: I actually can't seem to find it. I clicked on that magic wand but it's missing the tv updates.

chaosdefinesorder
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDrummer View Post
Yeah I should probably do that. They're not really useful anyway except when they tell me that one of my shows is on that night. I usually know anyway.

Edit: I actually can't seem to find it. I clicked on that magic wand but it's missing the tv updates.
Next time you get a TV update, tap the three dots on the card and it should ask you if this information is useful or whether you want to keep receiving those updates, then tap "no" for the relevant question!
The Following User Says Thank You to chaosdefinesorder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PsychDrummer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdefinesorder View Post
Next time you get a TV update, tap the three dots on the card and it should ask you if this information is useful or whether you want to keep receiving those updates, then tap "no" for the relevant question!
I haven't tried the three dots. But it does sometimes ask me when I swipe away a card "was this card relevant" and I usually say no. Sadly, they still show up. I'll try the three dots though next time.

gamer.11
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDrummer View Post
So, I'm not really sure if this would be right forum to post about this. I suppose since N5 has the most Google Now integration it could be. Regardless, feel free to move this if it's not in the right place. Anyway, I'm actually getting a little frustrated by Google Now in the sense that it's spoiling shows. I normally watch shows online the following day after they air, and Google Now gives me news about the most recent episode which often spoils the episode...just figured I see who else noticed this.
You can hide spoilers....Select the card and choose hide spoilers option.
ping
The Following User Says Thank You to gamer.11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PsychDrummer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer.11 View Post
You can hide spoilers....Select the card and choose hide spoilers option.
Oh wow really? I'll have to try that. That's pretty cool. Thanks.