Tip us?

bbedward
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 829

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Too many sports teams in Google Now

Hi, I have google now configured for 4 sports teams:
Cleveland Browns/Cavaliers/Indians/Ohio State Buckeyes.

For some reason google now shows me scores and updates from pretty much every other sports team, other than the ones I told it to tell me about.

(Example: right now I have the LA Lakers/Sac King, the Texans/Jaguars, Clippers/Hawks) - far beyond what I have it configured to tell me.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks
I specialize in software development/engineering. My specialty is Android app development, java web development, and front-end web development. I also develop c++ applications in Linux - as well as participate in some Linux kernel development.
Current devices: Nexus 7 - 2013, Nexus 5

americasteam
Old
Thanks Meter 307
I have 2 teams sey on my Nexas 5. The Dallas Cowboys and Kentucky Wildcats. I get Cowboys info, but it totally ignores the Wildcats. So, it doesn't work correctly for me either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Haven't had any issues with this. You could try disabling Google Now which wipes all your current data and trying again.
W32

fraslin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, I get a bunch when I am doing searches for scores or even players for Fantasy Football.

After clicking the three dots on each card and saying I wasn't interested in 10-15 teams it settled down to the ones I wanted. Still get random ones occasionally based on what I search for.

jdawg0024
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbedward View Post
Hi, I have google now configured for 4 sports teams:
Cleveland Browns/Cavaliers/Indians/Ohio State Buckeyes.

For some reason google now shows me scores and updates from pretty much every other sports team, other than the ones I told it to tell me about.

(Example: right now I have the LA Lakers/Sac King, the Texans/Jaguars, Clippers/Hawks) - far beyond what I have it configured to tell me.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks
If you click the Menu Button (3 dots) on the cards your don't want it will ask you if you're still interested in that team. Just click no. I have found out that if I do a search for a team (one that I don't care to know the score for) it will start to show me the Scores weekly. I just told Google Now that I wasn't interested in it and I haven't seen it again.
Sent from Beyond