If Sprint buys T-Mobile?

Search This thread

Claghorn

Oct 16, 2012
home.comcast.net
Will the simcard I got from T-mobile eventually start working off sprint cell towers as well a T-mobile ones? Will I start getting spark data access? Will my "no contract" T-mobile phone suddenly need a sprint contract? All random items to wonder about :).

TheLastSidekick

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
I highly doubt that. Think of the T-Mobile and MetroPCS merger. It took a very long time and their still separate companies here just running off the same network.

Anyways I sincerely hope that Sprint doesn't send an offer to T-Mobile that makes them sell it off. Sprint is horrible. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RoxAbout

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
Will the simcard I got from T-mobile eventually start working off sprint cell towers as well a T-mobile ones? Will I start getting spark data access? Will my "no contract" T-mobile phone suddenly need a sprint contract? All random items to wonder about :).

no. nothing will change if the buyout happens.

i honestly doubt the FCC/FTC will allow it to happen anyways. they shutdown the att/tmobile deal.

KyraOfFire

Feb 23, 2012
Champaign
When, and if they announce the merger, I think there will be a huge public opposition as what happened in the failed AT&T - T Mobile merger, and hopefully the US government will once again help protecting US consumer's interest.

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator

i honestly doubt the FCC/FTC will allow it to happen anyways. they shutdown the att/tmobile deal.

Lol... Here is the thing. The guy Obama appointed to run the FCC now, well, he was the BIGGEST telco lobbyist. Yes, that is right. The person in charge of the FCC & protecting your interest, was the guy that tried to get legislation passed that would allow these companies to once again become monopolies. This is the same FCC that has been utterly spineless in regards to the open internet, aka net neutrality laws.

For a better idea of who this guy is & exactly what these companies are trying to do to both mobile & wired broadband, watch this hilarious video:

Then head on over to here: http://www.fcc.gov/comments & let the FCC know what you think on the proposals out for public comment.

Reactions: adrman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I highly doubt that. Think of the T-Mobile and MetroPCS merger. It took a very long time and their still separate companies here just running off the same network.

Anyways I sincerely hope that Sprint doesn't send an offer to T-Mobile that makes them sell it off. Sprint is horrible. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lol... Here is the thing. The guy Obama appointed to run the FCC now, well, he was the BIGGEST telco lobbyist. Yes, that is right. The person in charge of the FCC & protecting your interest, was the guy that tried to get legislation passed that would allow these companies to once again become monopolies. This is the same FCC that has been utterly spineless in regards to the open internet, aka net neutrality laws.

For a better idea of who this guy is & exactly what these companies are trying to do to both mobile & wired broadband, watch this hilarious video:

Then head on over to here: http://www.fcc.gov/comments & let the FCC know what you think on the proposals out for public comment.