XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint Framily plan broke my number

Tip us?

billups55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Sprint Framily plan broke my number

Here is my situation, on January 10th I switched over to the new sprint framily plan. After that I was not able to make or receive calls to my phone. I did not realize this until a few days later because I do not use my phone for calls that much. Also when I switched plans the the next day I received an email from Google notifying me that my google voice integration has been disabled. I have tried everything I can think of on my part to fix this problem: use the sprint reset dialer code *#*#72786#*#*, flashed different roms, tried different kernels, returned my phone to stock rom, updated prl, updated profile. After all of that I called sprint had them reset the network and that did not work. I called Google they tried to troubleshoot it, but the only option they could come up with is to RMA my device, which I am debating on doing. Searching the forums brought up nothing so I decided to stop this thread and was wondering if anyone has gone through the same problems? I would also like to know if they have what is the solution?

Darklust
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Are you getting an error code when you dial? Or a busy signal?
Sprint *should* be able to push HLR (Home Location Register) updates to your phone, so that the information matches Sprint's network. I'd call them again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darklust For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billups55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklust View Post
Are you getting an error code when you dial? Or a busy signal?
Sprint *should* be able to push HLR (Home Location Register) updates to your phone, so that the information matches Sprint's network. I'd call them again.
Thanks Ill call them again and ask for that. It gives me no error code it just says call cannot be completed at dialed.

benthe1
Old
(Last edited by benthe1; 18th January 2014 at 05:51 AM.) Reason: fixes
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by billups55 View Post
Thanks Ill call them again and ask for that. It gives me no error code it just says call cannot be completed at dialed.
So I had the same situation as you. I called Sprint and they couldn't get Google voice to work. I kept getting the "we could not connect your call" error. Sprint had to completely take Google Voice off my Sprint line so I could receive calls and make calls. I was able to get Google Voice as my voice mail again but not the "integrated" way. Google voice gave me an error when I tried the integrated way. I'm guessing Sprint will be working on this the next few weeks and have it fixed...hopefully.

freeza
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,658

DONATE TO ME
Any resolution? This same thing is happening to me. It's annoying.

billups55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Try taking it to a sprint store That has a repair center and have them take off Google voice that's what worked for me.

Good luck bro

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Scottism
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up FIX: Framily plan broke Google Voice integration

Quote:
Here is my situation, on January 10th I switched over to the new sprint framily plan. After that I was not able to make or receive calls to my phone. I did not realize this until a few days later because I do not use my phone for calls that much. Also when I switched plans the the next day I received an email from Google notifying me that my google voice integration has been disabled. I have tried everything I can think of on my part to fix this problem: use the sprint reset dialer code *#*#72786#*#*, flashed different roms, tried different kernels, returned my phone to stock rom, updated prl, updated profile. After all of that I called sprint had them reset the network and that did not work. I called Google they tried to troubleshoot it, but the only option they could come up with is to RMA my device, which I am debating on doing. Searching the forums brought up nothing so I decided to stop this thread and was wondering if anyone has gone through the same problems? I would also like to know if they have what is the solution?
I switched to Framily yesterday and experienced broken GV integration afterwards. Here is what worked for me: Go to your Google Voice website (sorry I'm to new to post the link), delete the mobile device and add it back as a new new number. Completes verification. Works again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scottism For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billups55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottism View Post
I switched to Framily yesterday and experienced broken GV integration afterwards. Here is what worked for me: Go to your Google Voice website (sorry I'm to new to post the link), delete the mobile device and add it back as a new new number. Completes verification. Works again.
Thanks got it working again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sixen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thanks got it working again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
So the Framily plan is still compatible with Google Voice?

I swapped over to the Framily plan yesterday, woke up and found my calls/texts not working properly, spent three hours on the phone to fix it, and I still can't get GVoice integration to go through.

"Unfortunately, Google Voice integration cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone."