XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint MMS Issues?

Tip us?

mjs2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1628
Default Sprint MMS Issues?

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has had any MMS Issues since buying this phone. I've had several people ask me if I ever got the pictures they sent, and I just never got them. This happened on both stock and custom roms. Weird thing is, this morning I had my wife send me a test MMS and it worked. But later in the day, I didn't receive one again.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 519
I'll be tentatively getting my N5 on Monday (knock on wood), so if everything goes according to plan I'll test MMS right away and let you know.

mrjeff2
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I get them but I'm not always notified that a new message exists. Seems to be group MMS messages I'm not receiving notifications for. This is probably more of a Hangouts issue than a Sprint issue tho.

kingsway8605
Old
Thanks Meter 485
The problem is more unicorns exist in the world than sprint cell towers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingsway8605 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ix3u
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I'm on sprint and up until like 3 hours ago, my MMS was working great... But now for some reason, I can't send any but can still receive them no problem. It's pretty irritating. I haven't changed anything yet they just stopped working. Using textra (and have been since I got the phone two weeks ago)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

caribouxda
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 137
Turn data on to receive mms. And I hope this thread will stop you from asking 100+ times in less than 24hrs in the same rom thread about same issue. Thanks.

mjs2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1628
Quote:
Originally Posted by ix3u View Post
I'm on sprint and up until like 3 hours ago, my MMS was working great... But now for some reason, I can't send any but can still receive them no problem. It's pretty irritating. I haven't changed anything yet they just stopped working. Using textra (and have been since I got the phone two weeks ago)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks. I'm guessing that it must be a Sprint related issue then. I just tested one and it went through find again. How odd.

mjs2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1628
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7 View Post
I'll be tentatively getting my N5 on Monday (knock on wood), so if everything goes according to plan I'll test MMS right away and let you know.
It'll be nice to have you here bud.

Bm13084
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has had any MMS Issues since buying this phone. I've had several people ask me if I ever got the pictures they sent, and I just never got them. This happened on both stock and custom roms. Weird thing is, this morning I had my wife send me a test MMS and it worked. But later in the day, I didn't receive one again.

Thoughts?

I've had really bad issues for the past two days... it hasn't been great to begin with. I'm convinced it's network issues, but it happens at work and at home.
Cleveland, OH FWIW...

Vegasden
Old
Thanks Meter 214
If you're using Hangout, try 8SMS. It's a free app, a KitKat modified version of the CM messaging app. One cool feature (which Sprint supports) is that'll send MMS via Wi-Fi. They also have a thread in Android Apps here in XDA.

- - - - - - -