XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint nexus 5 & roms

Tip us?

FL0OD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 946
Default Sprint nexus 5 & roms

So excuse my ignorance in advance. I am one of those few people on the planet that actually has decent coverage where I live with Sprint, so thats why I dont buy a GSM addition of this device. My question is are there any roms for the Sprint addition of this device? I have been through a ton of threads and do not see anything specifically mentioning Sprint. I had the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus and the development was there for those devices, of course not to the extent that the gsm carriers received but it was there. I am getting that Nexus twitch but I dont want to buy the Sprint version if there isnt any development for it. Thanks all, in advance.

FuMMoD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1843

DONATE TO ME
No questions in general forums.

The Nexus 5 is just the Nexus 5 no matter what provider it's running off.
If I helped you out please click the thanks button under my name. Thanks!

Holo White Accent Theme Zip For Cataclysm
Nexus 5 Cataclysm Help thread and Mirrors
The Following User Says Thank You to FuMMoD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FL0OD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuMMoD View Post
No questions in general forums.

The Nexus 5 is just the Nexus 5 no matter what provider it's running off.
Sorry. Thanks

LordLugard
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL0OD View Post
So excuse my ignorance in advance. I am one of those few people on the planet that actually has decent coverage where I live with Sprint, so thats why I dont buy a GSM addition of this device. My question is are there any roms for the Sprint addition of this device? I have been through a ton of threads and do not see anything specifically mentioning Sprint. I had the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus and the development was there for those devices, of course not to the extent that the gsm carriers received but it was there. I am getting that Nexus twitch but I dont want to buy the Sprint version if there isnt any development for it. Thanks all, in advance.
There is no Sprint edition of the Nexus 5. The same singular Nexus 5 has radios compatible with Sprint (CDMA/EVDO), AT&T and T-Mobile (GSM/UMTS/HSPA+), and LTE for all three. Simple as that.

There is only a North America version (D820) and a European/Rest-of-the-world version (D821). Difference is only the LTE bands.
Previous mistresses:
Epic Touch (Galaxy)
Nexus S 4G
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2)
Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
LG G2 (Current)
The Following User Says Thank You to LordLugard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1670
Google did it right with the Nexus 5, no variants of the Nexus. They're all the same:thumbup:

The Following User Says Thank You to CRIME INC. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]