5,600,984 Members 45,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint users. Do CDMA Tools work and can you force CDMA only?

Tip us?

pclov3r
Old
(Last edited by pclov3r; 4th November 2013 at 02:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Default Sprint users. Do CDMA Tools work and can you force CDMA only?

Would anybody be so kind to post a screenshot of the CDMA Only options on the Nexus 5?

Curious if it's possible to turn off the GSM Radio just just run the CDMA Radio while the SIM is removed.

Also, For those using sprint what happens if you try to use CDMA tools such as CDMA Workshop?

Thanks
Nexus 7 2013 - Stock - Rooted

Sprint Galaxy S4 Flashed to PagePlus - Google Play Edition Port - Rooted

zivan56
Old
Thanks Meter 365
I would be interested in this as well.

I tried to set the phone to CDMA when removing the SIM. It automatically reverts to GSM right away either with or without the SIM. Network scans never reveal CDMA networks.
Perhaps it does something on first boot if it has a known Sprint UICC card? I have read on some forum that on a Sprint MVNO someone was able to register the N5 without the UICC card and get "3G" signal.

lafester
Old
Thanks Meter 235
As far as I know nobody has found a way to get into diagnostic mode which means no cdma workshop etc.
Also with sim removed you can make calls but no data access.
Stop the madness... Delete your 'SENT FROM MY' Sig

MysticMouse
Old
(Last edited by MysticMouse; 15th December 2013 at 11:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation cdma n5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
As far as I know nobody has found a way to get into diagnostic mode which means no cdma workshop etc.
Also with sim removed you can make calls but no data access.
Man, you're wrong.. there few manipulations to unlock cdma and flash number to phone, but it works only 1x... in my Country(Ukraine)... because we have not sprint(one of EvDo pararameter - unflashing.. sprint locked EVDO... we are investigating it... where it can be in rom)

so, to put into the diag mode, you need find MSL(SPC), unlock bootloader, boot with custom recovery (without flashing recovery if you want) and then install superSU...
next
boot with custom boot(it included diag ports)
next in adb switch usb settings from mtp to diag(you can find it in XDA)
after it your OS will install drivers for COM port and BINGO!!! you will see your nexus 5 on ports and can flash number over DFS or qpst or else, which you like more.

thanks