Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint Visual Voicemail

Tip us?

emeraldayotte
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Sprint Visual Voicemail

Sprint users,

Has anyone figures out how to get the VVM app on our nexus?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
HTC Mogul > Samung Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC Evo > Samsung Galaxy Note 2 > Nexus 5

ROM: Stock
KERNEL: Stock
LAUNCHER: Stock
THEME: Stock
QUOTE: "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle

dominicag2000
Old
(Last edited by dominicag2000; 12th November 2013 at 05:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I'm no longer with Sprint and I don't have my Nexus 5 yet, but in the past I was able to get it working on my old Optimus S running CM7 from a titanium backup I got from the original ROM. Its worth trying to pull it from a Sprint branded device (with app data) and importing to the Nexus. But I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't work.

It'd be nice if they made it a Play Store app like T-Mobile does.

Mr. Sprinkles
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Why doesn't Android have visual voicemail support built in? My Windows Phone had VVM neatly integrated. I love this phone, but it really surprised me that I had to download a 3rd party app to do this on Android

jj14
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sprinkles View Post
Why doesn't Android have visual voicemail support built in? My Windows Phone had VVM neatly integrated. I love this phone, but it really surprised me that I had to download a 3rd party app to do this on Android
If you use Google voice, it does have visual voicemail like features, include free transcription.
You don't have to do full intergration or porting either. Just have Google voice handle your voicemail (launch google voice and walk thru' the steps to set it up as voicemail app)

te45a
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I tried setting up Google Voice as voicemail only and didn't not work, when I dial number to provision *28..... Just tells me something about code not valid...

jdawg0024
Old
Thanks Meter 141
OK So I installed Google Voice and set it up only to handle my voicemail only. I suspect that Sprint was doing nothing more than using Google Voice to an extent, because when I installed Google Voice and set it up on my phone my Old Voicemail greeting was the greeting that I had. I had never used GV before on any of my old phones and when I set up my Nexus 5 I used the system standard. (I could be and most likely am wrong about this theory, just found it odd that the greeting was my old one from my old phone when I just used Sprint VMM app before)
Sent from Beyond

tommy_riley
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by te45a View Post
I tried setting up Google Voice as voicemail only and didn't not work, when I dial number to provision *28..... Just tells me something about code not valid...

The error when dialing *28 is tower specific - I ran into this when I was trying out youmail on sprint. Had to try out a few different towers before the *28 would take - be persistent.