Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sprint Visual Voicemail

OP emeraldayotte

12th November 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Nashville,TN
Thanks Meter: 45

300 posts
More
Sprint users,

Has anyone figures out how to get the VVM app on our nexus?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
12th November 2013, 06:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
I'm no longer with Sprint and I don't have my Nexus 5 yet, but in the past I was able to get it working on my old Optimus S running CM7 from a titanium backup I got from the original ROM. Its worth trying to pull it from a Sprint branded device (with app data) and importing to the Nexus. But I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't work.

It'd be nice if they made it a Play Store app like T-Mobile does.
Last edited by dominicag2000; 12th November 2013 at 06:39 PM.
12th November 2013, 06:50 PM   |  #3  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 77

133 posts
More
Why doesn't Android have visual voicemail support built in? My Windows Phone had VVM neatly integrated. I love this phone, but it really surprised me that I had to download a 3rd party app to do this on Android
12th November 2013, 07:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 203

788 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sprinkles

Why doesn't Android have visual voicemail support built in? My Windows Phone had VVM neatly integrated. I love this phone, but it really surprised me that I had to download a 3rd party app to do this on Android

If you use Google voice, it does have visual voicemail like features, include free transcription.
You don't have to do full intergration or porting either. Just have Google voice handle your voicemail (launch google voice and walk thru' the steps to set it up as voicemail app)
23rd November 2013, 10:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag Beckley
Thanks Meter: 60

270 posts
More
I tried setting up Google Voice as voicemail only and didn't not work, when I dial number to provision *28..... Just tells me something about code not valid...

24th November 2013, 04:27 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 144

674 posts
More
OK So I installed Google Voice and set it up only to handle my voicemail only. I suspect that Sprint was doing nothing more than using Google Voice to an extent, because when I installed Google Voice and set it up on my phone my Old Voicemail greeting was the greeting that I had. I had never used GV before on any of my old phones and when I set up my Nexus 5 I used the system standard. (I could be and most likely am wrong about this theory, just found it odd that the greeting was my old one from my old phone when I just used Sprint VMM app before)
10th January 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #7  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 40

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by te45a

I tried setting up Google Voice as voicemail only and didn't not work, when I dial number to provision *28..... Just tells me something about code not valid...

The error when dialing *28 is tower specific - I ran into this when I was trying out youmail on sprint. Had to try out a few different towers before the *28 would take - be persistent.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread