Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,530 Members 42,433 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint voicemail notification

Tip us?

joebags
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Sprint voicemail notification

I cannot seem to find a rom that doesn't alert me of fictitious voicemails. I have zero messages and get it won't go away. I have tried stopping the phone process and that does clear the notification but only for 30 seconds or so. Its quite annoying. Does anyone on sprint know of or is currently running a rom that doesn't do this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
~ Johnny Cochran / Southpark

GavinMazey
Old
Thanks Meter 283
I'm on sprint and I have not gotten one system alert for voicemails. When I get a voicemail I get a blank text message from a 4 digit number. Is that way on stock and every rom ive tried.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

aagvain
Old
Thanks Meter 15
same here. having to use youmail for now

joebags
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Really? Its been a problem for me since day 1..... Odd that you would have a different voicemail issue. Here's a screenshot. It never goes away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-13-10-59-46.png
Views:	59
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	2513099  
...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
~ Johnny Cochran / Southpark

GavinMazey
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebags View Post
Really? Its been a problem for me since day 1..... Odd that you would have a different voicemail issue. Here's a screenshot. It never goes away.
I've actually never even seen the notification for voicemail on the 3 nexus5s I've used. First was defective second I broke 3rd still the same. Voicemail just sends me a blank text. Can't remember if I've actually even set up my voicemail, It might still be at all defaults with no greeting and just my number. I've read of several people with the same problems so i haven't messed with mine cause i like it how it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mattrb
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Supposedly, this update fixed the voicemail but that was a trecherous lie. http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12...ned-to-kot49e/

Two options at this point in time:
1) Get Cyanogenmod 11 M2 (or nightlies), this will allow you to swipe dismiss the notification. Another option is to take out the /system/app/phone.apk from the CM11 M2 ROM and put it in your stock ROM to get the swipe dismiss.
2) Hold down the VM notification and goto App Info and force close. (dont need to delete data nedjo67)

It will stay at 2 messages at any time. It basically is broken. You can use google voice to get REAL notifications that actually work but it will still show the broken voice mail notification.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon. I complained about this a while ago but Sprint does not think its a priority? Best place to get Sprint to fix it is to go on twitter and tell @sprintcare about your problem. Also make sure you tell @sprintcare that you are on the newest update or they will recommend you upgrade (not an actually solution for us, duh). The more people to harass @sprintcare, the better.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattrb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]