Most Stable Nexus 5 Nougat (Android 7) Custom ROM?

Search This thread

db77

Nov 8, 2006
Paris
I use Nitrogen 7.1 with Pixel Experince and no problem for me, very stable, very good battery life.

Fred Simm

Feb 18, 2016
Hi there,

What is the Most Stable Nexus 5 Nougat (Android 7) Custom ROM?
I try to read the latest post messages, but I don't know.

Thanks

I'm late to this thread. I've tried most all of the nougat roms for N5. Euclidean is not known as much as the others, but it's the one that just works for me. The camera actually works! It's very smooth and stable. Updates can be dirty flashed with TWRP. The developer is actually working on an OTA update system. I deleted all of the other roms within a few days because of bugs. You won't be disappointed.

mariopoldoja

Feb 28, 2014
I'm late to this thread. I've tried most all of the nougat roms for N5. Euclidean is not known as much as the others, but it's the one that just works for me. The camera actually works! It's very smooth and stable. Updates can be dirty flashed with TWRP. The developer is actually working on an OTA update system. I deleted all of the other roms within a few days because of bugs. You won't be disappointed.

I agree on you with that one. I use Euclidean with blu spark and i get good battery life as well. Imo the best rom out there

Sent from my LG Nexus 5 using XDA Labs

Reactions: parag60288

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been using Fake Nexus for a while now after going through a few of the available Nougat roms and it's my favourite so far. Comes with Google apps pre-installed plus the new Pixel Launcher, the installation method is similar to flashing a stock image instead of a custom ROM as a zip and an upgrade from Android 6.0.1 worked for me without losing my data, like upgrading a nexus 5x from Android 6.0.1 to Android 7.0.

Also after experimenting a bit and getting the kernel settings right (I am using the blu.spark kernel) I got Multirom working correctly and I have CM13 and NetHunter as secondary roms, fully functional with their own kernels.

I'm pretty sure all the Android 7.0 roms use the same AOSP repo for the main build and only a small handful of customisations. It's a mater of personal preference really, all roms I tested seemed equally stable and had the same bugs (camera video issue etc). I chose Fake Nexus because it's the closest to a factory image and the only one I got working with Multirom side by side with android 6.

My advice, if your Nexus 5 is your daily driver don't use an android 7 rom as your primary rom, the video recording bug alone can be a pain.

Good luck!
    I've tested most of Nougat ROMs for N5:
    Santosh, FakeNexus, PureNexus, NitrogenOS, BOKROM and itigr.

The only real daily driver as of today, Oct 23th is FakeNexus.
    The others are good, lots of customization, but too many bugs here and there.

FakeNexus is stable, very battery friendly (some of the list above had battery drain issues) and is the easiest to install and configure, but lacks the customizations of the others.
    Nitrogen is the one if you want a ROM with many features with that stock feeling, customization options are integrated on Android configuration menu.
    PureNexus also has lots of customization, but on a different approach, it's more like AOSP and customization features are on their app.
    Try Pure Nexus
    I use this https://plus.google.com/109509643115521921407/posts/1R42n7pzfbP
    It may look sketchy because it's not on XDA but I've been using it and believe me, everything works including Google Camera's video recording.
    Previously I was on Nitrogen OS and I loved it because of the OTA updates but I don't like to have to find workarounds for my camera needs.
    What about the Octo N ROM? So far I've found it to be really good for me with the elemental x kernel, battery life is great, I love my customization options and the ROM is smooth, I typically use lower CPU frequencies max is like 1574 so I don't worry too much about my phone dying. Here's some screenshots of my setup. I'd like to try the fake ROM tho, it's getting really good reviews and I like that.