Status bar clock on the left without xposed?

OP Dracrius

14th August 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
So ATM I use Wanam Kit for one and only one thing. Which is to move my status bar clock to the left. I also have gravitybox installed and I'm on cyanogenmod 11 M9 lol but they all only give the option to hide the clock or center it. Now yesterday I saw someone talking about a way to edit something so you could permanently center the status bar clock. I was hoping someone could tell me how to do the same but to place it on the left. This way I can uninstall an entire xposed module pact with functions I don't use! Thanks
14th August 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,046

3,437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracrius

So ATM I use Wanam Kit for one and only one thing. Which is to move my status bar clock to the left. I also have gravitybox installed and I'm on cyanogenmod 11 M9 lol but they all only give the option to hide the clock or center it. Now yesterday I saw someone talking about a way to edit something so you could permanently center the status bar clock. I was hoping someone could tell me how to do the same but to place it on the left. This way I can uninstall an entire xposed module pact with functions I don't use! Thanks

Decompile SystemUI/framework and modify it, or change it before building from source.
14th August 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

Decompile SystemUI/framework and modify it, or change it before building from source.

OK perfect but what would I be changing I wouldn't even know where to begin to start to look. I know some basic java from a couple years of college but I've never modded or coded for android yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5
14th August 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,046

3,437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracrius

OK perfect but what would I be changing I wouldn't even know where to begin to start to look. I know some basic java from a couple years of college but I've never modded or coded for android yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Numerous guides can be found if Google'd
14th August 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #5  
Flag Droid
Thanks Meter: 201

837 posts
More
Yup. I've done this mod myself before. Google "center clock mod android" and variations of the like and you'll find some tuts. It's going to be an XML file, probably status_bar.xml which I believe is in res/layout. If you're not familiar with decompiling, editing and recompiling APK files it's going to take you a while but it's worth to know how to do it anyway.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread