Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 41,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock email application & yahoo mail - error signing in when sending emails

Tip us?

bogdan_wrc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default Stock email application & yahoo mail - error signing in when sending emails

I got this error a lot of times, when i try sending emails from yahoo, when i use the stock app. receiving emails works fine, i see emails...but if i try to reply, the email remains in outbox and "error signing in" keeps appearing in notification bar. the password is correct, i tried also not requesting password when sending, but the error appears.
any solution?

except other email apps (i use also yahoo app, but i don't like it, and i don't want to sync non stop) and advices to uses to gmail. i have both for different reasons.
i tried also searching for different imap settings, but i could not find a proper one.
thank you.

zooterthepenguin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan_wrc View Post
I got this error a lot of times, when i try sending emails from yahoo, when i use the stock app. receiving emails works fine, i see emails...but if i try to reply, the email remains in outbox and "error signing in" keeps appearing in notification bar. the password is correct, i tried also not requesting password when sending, but the error appears.
any solution?

except other email apps (i use also yahoo app, but i don't like it, and i don't want to sync non stop) and advices to uses to gmail. i have both for different reasons.
i tried also searching for different imap settings, but i could not find a proper one.
thank you.
Are you talking the email app or the gmail app?

bogdan_wrc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Email app. Which can be customized to see any email account. I set it for yahoo.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan_wrc View Post
any solution?

thank you.
I had this as well. Ridiculously annoying. You have to manually change some of the settings. Follow the instructions in this link: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile/set...pressions=true. I haven't had any issues since following those directions. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to charesa39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bogdan_wrc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
thank you. it works. i will test it for a while to see if its okay, because the last time i tried some settings it worked for a time and than stopped again.